Former Sennheiser engineer Axel Grell made a $200 pair of ANC true wireless earbuds - the TWS/1
Oct 21, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #46 of 494
Oct 21, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #49 of 494
Option for music to automatically pause when enabling transparency mode please! 😁

Sennheiser was among the few who had that option on their tws. I always missed it when using another pair of tws.
I got that request from a different customer a couple of days ago. Axel is looking into that with our team, will not be available for launch but possibly as a feature in the app later on.

Oct 21, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #50 of 494
From the review "On both Android with aptX Adaptive and iOS with AAC, the well-known delay between picture and sound from 160 to 180 ms occurs. If the software itself does not synchronize between image and sound, a slight offset is recognizable."

I thought APTX adpative was supposed to bring delay down to 80-ish ms, maybe the reviwer did something wrong.

Oct 21, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #51 of 494
From the review "On both Android with aptX Adaptive and iOS with AAC, the well-known delay between picture and sound from 160 to 180 ms occurs. If the software itself does not synchronize between image and sound, a slight offset is recognizable."

I thought APTX adpative was supposed to bring delay down to 80-ish ms, maybe the reviwer did something wrong.
Yea aptx adaptive should bring that down to 80-ish, we are hoping that in the other reviews it is different. Also working with manufacturer and aptx to ensure we get as close as possible with the final MP units.

Oct 21, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #52 of 494
I got that request from a different customer a couple of days ago. Axel is looking into that with our team, will not be available for launch but possibly as a feature in the app later on.
I will add my request also.

Oct 21, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #53 of 494
(From the German Review)
Bluetooth multipoint to follow via update
Bluetooth multipoint is also supported, so that two devices can be connected to the earbuds simultaneously via Bluetooth in order to be able to switch playback between them seamlessly. However, this does not yet work with the pre-release version of TWS/1, which is available from ComputerBase. However, with a firmware update, at the latest with general availability of the wireless in-ear headphones, it should be delivered later"

Wow, Is this really true? Would this make the Grell TWS-1 the first True Wireless earbud driven by a Qualcomm chip to have multipoint connection?

Oct 22, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #54 of 494
What's the reasoning behind having the Left/Right earbud placed on the opposite direction in the case? Seems like a mild annoyance imo...

Attachments

• 4-1080.085fd48f.jpg
    4-1080.085fd48f.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 0
Oct 22, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #55 of 494
(From the German Review)
Bluetooth multipoint to follow via update
Bluetooth multipoint is also supported, so that two devices can be connected to the earbuds simultaneously via Bluetooth in order to be able to switch playback between them seamlessly. However, this does not yet work with the pre-release version of TWS/1, which is available from ComputerBase. However, with a firmware update, at the latest with general availability of the wireless in-ear headphones, it should be delivered later"

Wow, Is this really true? Would this make the Grell TWS-1 the first True Wireless earbud driven by a Qualcomm chip to have multipoint connection?
We are definitely pushing to be one of the first if not the first. Working hard on it with Qualcomm to try and get it sorted asap.

Oct 22, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #56 of 494
What's the reasoning behind having the Left/Right earbud placed on the opposite direction in the case? Seems like a mild annoyance imo...
It is mainly done to allow for the wingtips to fit into the charging case while they are still on without making the charging case thicker. We looked into switching it but it would've resulted in a thicker charging case. Once I got samples and started using them it took me 1-2 times before it became automatic.

Oct 22, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #57 of 494
It is mainly done to allow for the wingtips to fit into the charging case while they are still on without making the charging case thicker. We looked into switching it but it would've resulted in a thicker charging case. Once I got samples and started using them it took me 1-2 times before it became automatic.
And even without the wingtips, had we switched it would've made the case thicker. So we decided to go down this route.

Oct 24, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #59 of 494
I was looking up information on using SoundID to create a personalized sound profile for TWS/1. From what I've read the sound profile is not saved directly to the TWS/1. The SoundID sound profile is created on either an Android / iOS device and can be transferred to Mac and Windows PC as well. This would mean the TWS/1 sound would be optimized for an Android / iOS device, but if you switch to non-Android / non-iOS DAP then TWS/1 sound will not be optimized. I suppose this is not such big deal as many non-Android / non-iOS DAPs have some built in EQ, but probably not equal to the quality that SoundID will produce. I think this is an opportunity for partnership of Grell Audio and SoundID to look into.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back