For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Jul 27, 2022 at 6:11 PM Post #5,626 of 20,884
SharedScreenshot.jpg
It's been quite a while since I've listened to Frampton Comes Alive! :k701smile:

K7XX < Luxman R-113 < Loxjie D30 < Amazon Music HD.

Jul 27, 2022 at 9:08 PM Post #5,629 of 20,884
JRiver MC (PC) > SMSL SU9 > SMSL SH9 > Sennheiser HD650

adistortionoflove.jpg

Giving my HD650's some solid exercise with the above album - sounds sublime :L3000:

Jul 27, 2022 at 11:36 PM Post #5,631 of 20,884
Spring 3 KTE > Ferrum OOR + Hypsos > Susvara

Imagine Dragons - Sharks

God damn the production quality is incredible for this song/album

1658979396265.png

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #5,635 of 20,884
I know which album I'm going to start off with, but not sure which headphone.

Never enough hours in the day......

A perfect wall of fame. Tyll would love it :smiley: :beerchug: I love your cans collection.

BTW, do you have preferred headphones for specific genres? Or you just alternate through them to experience different approaches with your preferred music?

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #5,636 of 20,884
Bifrost2 (2/64 card on the way)=>Valhalla2=>Grado RS1x (G Pads)

beasts.png
this is a new release from Octave Records (Paul McGowan -PS Audio). I'm not familiar with Carmen Sandim, but wanted to hear what a top of the line recording/mix sounded like on my rig. I wasn't disappointed. Oh my gosh! What a difference a properly recorded album sounds like. Her all original tracks are also very good in and of themselves! I'm looking forward to trying more Octave Records in the future!

Leo
Do you have any of the Chesky CDs….? ☑️☑️

Jul 28, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #5,637 of 20,884
Do you have any of the Chesky CDs….? ☑️☑️
In fact I do. The Chesky recordings I have were recorded in churches. Great sound, tremendous sound quality, but I think that the Octave recording is better. I think the quality of the recording is more important than your headphone rig. After a certain point in your journey, you get more bang for your incremental dollars getting audiophile recordings than incremental upgrades to your electronics.... IMMHO, YMMV, yea, all those disclaimers.

Leo

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #5,638 of 20,884
A perfect wall of fame. Tyll would love it :smiley: :beerchug: I love your cans collection.

BTW, do you have preferred headphones for specific genres? Or you just alternate through them to experience different approaches with your preferred music?
Thanks! I just usually go with whatever the latest purchase is before moving on to the next.

Jul 28, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #5,639 of 20,884
In fact I do. The Cheesy recordings I have were recorded in churches. Great sound, tremendous sound quality, but I think that the Octave recording is better. I think the quality of the recording is more important than your headphone rig. After a certain point in your journey, you get more bang for your incremental dollars getting audiophile recordings than incremental upgrades to your electronics.... IMMHO, YMMV, yea, all those disclaimers.

Leo
Cheesy ? 😳😂🤣🤣🤣 . Actually, my favourite ‘Chesky’ is “New York Reunion” by the McCoy Tyner Quartet (w/ Joe Henderson on tenor saxophone).

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #5,640 of 20,884
In fact I do. The Cheesy recordings I have were recorded in churches. Great sound, tremendous sound quality, but I think that the Octave recording is better. I think the quality of the recording is more important than your headphone rig. After a certain point in your journey, you get more bang for your incremental dollars getting audiophile recordings than incremental upgrades to your electronics.... IMMHO, YMMV, yea, all those disclaimers. ***

Leo
*** including the ever relevant “listener brain content may have shifted during session”…🤪🤣.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back