foobar2000 HD - high sound quality player
Aug 4, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #61 of 94
For the love of...

Software player, if it is doing bitperfect, WILL NOT ALTER THE SOUND QUALITY! For it to alter the sound for better or worse, it has to process it somehow. Like EQ, resampling (by the player or by your soundcard, some do that for non-bitperfect signals). But then it is not bitperfect as the original sound is being altered! This is simply how computers and software work and it is not open for discussion as cables may be, period.

Aug 4, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #63 of 94
I ran the latest version available from pkshan's blog through virustotal.com and got the same result: one positive, forty-some negatives. Probably a false positive, but I'll hang fire on this until pkshan weighs in here again about it.

Aug 5, 2011 at 7:46 AM Post #66 of 94

This forum is just disappointed me,

that's why I didn't update the post

Don't pay attention to naysayers....well I hate the sound of the regular fubar, if you ever add FLAC/APE support I'll try yours. For now, I'll stick to uLilith as it sounds amazing to my ears and has the best VST plugin support I've ever seen because 1) it's native, no need for kludges 2) it supports automatic latency compensation, so I can use linear phase EQ's w/o glitches. There's no competition really.

Aug 5, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #67 of 94
Thanks, pkshan. I also sent the file to Avira and just got the same response from them, that it was a false positive. So it's obviously OK to use.

In fact, I'm using it and I think it sounds very good. I downloaded the 3.6 version from your blog and am using that with very good results.

I was hoping that you would continue posting updates here or at least letting us know when they are available. I'm sure that there are others besides myself who are interested in it.

Thanks again!

Aug 5, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #68 of 94
pkshan...the FLAC n APE support are back..i love u !

Aug 5, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #70 of 94
I was wondering where that version is, too. pkshan's blog doesn't say anything about FLAC support.

Doesn't seem to be the 3.6 version, which I believe is the latest. Just tried it, still no FLAC love.

Aug 5, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #71 of 94
Definitely want to try this out but I am not converting 10k songs of flac to wav to try it out. This isn't a put down to the program because I can appreciate someone putting all this work in to help others but this is just my situation.

Aug 6, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #72 of 94
i tried flac ape and wav on 3.6..it run smoothly..im using win 7 pro and sse 4.1 version

Aug 6, 2011 at 2:21 AM Post #73 of 94
Ohh... maybe that explains it. I'm running the SSE 3 version. I don't think my processor supports the 4.1 version. Maybe I'll try installing the 4.1 and see if I can get it to run. Thanks.

Well, that's weird. I installed the 4.1 and it runs all right on my machine, but it still doesn't play FLAC files. WAV files play fine. Oh, well; guess that means you have to have exactly the right processor for the 4.1 version to run AND play FLAC. Maybe the 3.7 Foobar HE will include FLAC support for SSE 3.

Aug 6, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #74 of 94
check it with CPU-Z...my laptop is using core 2 duo P8400 processor

Aug 6, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #75 of 94
Yeah, I'd already done the CPU-Z check. That's why I using the SSE3 version. I'm thinking that you can run any of the versions on any processor, but you only get the audio optimization on the version that's been specifically modified for your particular processor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back