foobar2000 HD - high sound quality player
May 10, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #31 of 94

Quote:
The butterfly effect
Software does have some control of timing issues. 
wink.gif

I'm waiting for a player that models chaos theory in order to get more predictable timing out of a modern computer.

You mean like a software "engineer"?  
wink_face.gif

May 10, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #32 of 94

Quote:

How do I get it to play ?

When you open the settings program and you open the settings (Ctrl+P), you need to have an ASIO compatible driver to work, otherwise you cannot choose the ASIO output device (the DACPort has a driver like that for instance but not by default, has to be downloaded separately)
After that you have to copy the cfg file to the main program folder.

And you need to have the music in the right format (Wav for Wav version etc.) otherwise the playback will not start. Same for the sample rate as well.

May 12, 2011 at 7:03 AM Post #35 of 94

(5.12.2011 updated)

In this version it uses different optimization settings for different CPUs,
to get the highest sound quality possible.

You can use CPU-Z to determine CPU SSE version.

foobar2000 HD (Intel):
SSE4.2: ASIO  /  KS/waveOut

SSE4.1: ASIO  /  KS/waveOut
SSE3:   ASIO  /  KS/waveOut
SSE2:   ASIO  /  KS/waveOut

foobar2000 HD (AMD):
SSE4.2:  ASIO  /  KS/waveOut
SSE4.1:  ASIO  /  KS/waveOut
SSE3/4A: ASIO  /  KS/waveOut
SSE2:    ASIO  /  KS/waveOut

May 12, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #37 of 94

Quote:
wow I'm definitely going to check this out, i hope i can keep my theme settings tho!

This is a basic player with sound quality as the primary target so forget about the interfase.

May 14, 2011 at 6:47 AM Post #38 of 94
Yes have done all that except I am using KS and my device shows up correctly but where (which directory do you put the music (wav files) in ?

Quote:

When you open the settings program and you open the settings (Ctrl+P), you need to have an ASIO compatible driver to work, otherwise you cannot choose the ASIO output device (the DACPort has a driver like that for instance but not by default, has to be downloaded separately)
After that you have to copy the cfg file to the main program folder.

And you need to have the music in the right format (Wav for Wav version etc.) otherwise the playback will not start. Same for the sample rate as well.

May 14, 2011 at 8:10 AM Post #39 of 94

Quote:
Yes have done all that except I am using KS and my device shows up correctly but where (which directory do you put the music (wav files) in ?

do u mean to add files into foobarHD playlist?
first you have to run the fooassoc.exe in the KS WAV directory,to let windows associate your files with foobarHD,then you find ur WAV files,right click on them and select enqueue,i think that will do.

May 14, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #40 of 94
if I understood corretly, then I need to copy & overwrite the files in the normal foobar directory, right?

but whats actually the point of this if flac and wasapi is not supported? anyone listening to high class mp3 files LOL ? or has their music collection all stored in wave format?

May 14, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #42 of 94
Just a quick question, do normal foobar plugins work with this? I have a number of DSP plguins for foobar (crossfade, DFX, equalizer) that I really couldn't listen to music without.

And what about WASAPI and FLAC support? I wont be able to move to a new player without these features.

May 28, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #43 of 94

Users who are viewing this thread

Back