foobar2000 HD - high sound quality player
May 6, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #6 of 94
Other than the Otachan ASIO plugin, how is it different from a normal foobar installation? A little more information on how exactly the software's been modified would be appreciated.

May 6, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #7 of 94

Quote:
Thanks a lot, works for me and it does seem to sound a bit more focused (blacker background) and a bit fuller, smoother (Centrance DACPort -> Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II).

Will there be FLAC support later or do I have to convert everything to WAV?

Sorry it will not support flac

May 6, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #9 of 94

Quote:
Other than the Otachan ASIO plugin, how is it different from a normal foobar installation? A little more information on how exactly the software's been modified would be appreciated.

[size=medium]
The decoder & asio output plugins are recompiled by Intel Parallel Studio XE 2011, with highest optimization settings.

And, most UI in foobar are deleted.

Because any UI, win7 aero effects, services,  eye candies... etc,
all of them require cpu time,  making the audio data stream unstable.,and this will impact sound quality.
the  principle is same as jitter. I guess
[/size]

May 6, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #12 of 94
HD, high sound quality, etc. - practically mean nothing. It may be more stable, but the sound quality should be the same: bit-perfect is bit-perfect.

May 6, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #13 of 94

bit-perfect is bit-perfect.

my favorite joke
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #15 of 94

Quote:
my favorite joke

I know its your favorite! 

[size=10.0pt]Do yourself a favor – go to a local studio and ask engineers who work there if all ASIO-based programs (e.g. Cubase) sound different (and don’t forget to ask how they manage to process recordings in such conditions!). I also suggest you to try a test: send some signal through a digital out (e.g. S-PDIF) and compare data sent and data received – with ASIO you’ll get two bit-identical files (at least with foobar and cplay).[/size]
[size=10.0pt]By the way: *ALL* new players sound better! [/size]
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back