Focal Utopia General Discussion
Oct 13, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #16,186 of 20,602
I would be obliged if anyone could advise if there are currently any stock or manufacturing issues with Focal Utopias at the moment I ordered and paid for a set two months ago and have heard nothing so far.I sent an email to Focal UK a couple of days ago but to date I’ve not had a reply.Dealer has no further information.Any response would be very much appreciated.Thanks.

Oct 13, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #16,187 of 20,602
Well people should because between the pads and phone is alot build up of ear debree and other stuff i tend to clean it once or twice a year. The removal of the pads is uber easy. Maybe just ask if they send new gaskets. New version prob dont have it.
people can remove the ear pads if they wish but they shouldn't have to in order to check if the ear pads have been leaking goop. i removed mine for the first time a few months ago solely for that reason. i would not have done so otherwise. fortunately there was no sign of leakage.

Oct 13, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #16,188 of 20,602
I heard from a dealer they are accepting orders but have none in stock and didn’t expect any until next year with no further information on ETA.

Oct 13, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #16,189 of 20,602
Thats absolutely true but at the end it is what it is so i am more of a solver because focal will not.

@Srom. I am also waiting for over two month now i am lucky of buying a 3 year old in the meanwhile that i can sell when the new one arrives but they are way back in production or assembly.

Oct 13, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #16,190 of 20,602
Thats absolutely true but at the end it is what it is so i am more of a solver because focal will not.

@Srom. I am also waiting for over two month now i am lucky of buying a 3 year old in the meanwhile that i can sell when the new one arrives but they are way back in production or assembly.
well if i experience this problem while my utopia is under warranty, i'll attempt to solve it by contacting the dealer who handled my previous warranty claim to my satisfaction

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #16,191 of 20,602
The dekoni sound better than the originals. Would keep them and keep the org if you sell them in future
And that's why they run horse races (differences of opinion).

Oct 13, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #16,192 of 20,602
I would be obliged if anyone could advise if there are currently any stock or manufacturing issues with Focal Utopias at the moment I ordered and paid for a set two months ago and have heard nothing so far.I sent an email to Focal UK a couple of days ago but to date I’ve not had a reply.Dealer has no further information.Any response would be very much appreciated.Thanks.
I bought brand new UK stock right at the end of September. I had to wait a week for new stock.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #16,193 of 20,602
They have had very little stock of the utopia all of this year. I've seen people wait 6+ months for their utopia to be made

Oct 13, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #16,194 of 20,602
Oct 13, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #16,195 of 20,602
Got out the Utopia's tonight. I'm listening on my XIAudio stack. I can't imagine what Focal can do to top these. Timbre with the Danacable Lazuli Reference cable is so natural and pleasing. The sound is balanced with excellent attack, dynamics and weight on this combo. Bass is fast with excellent impact and definition. Midrange is full and nuanced. The treble is sparkly with outstanding resolve and clarity. I have to say with all the new releases coming out, I'm still finding the Utopia's relevant. They are still the best dynamic driver headphones I've heard.

Oct 13, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #16,197 of 20,602
Got out the Utopia's tonight. I'm listening on my XIAudio stack. I can't imagine what Focal can do to top these. Timbre with the Danacable Lazuli Reference cable is so natural and pleasing. The sound is balanced with excellent attack, dynamics and weight on this combo. Bass is fast with excellent impact and definition. Midrange is full and nuanced. The treble is sparkly with outstanding resolve and clarity. I have to say with all the new releases coming out, I'm still finding the Utopia's relevant. They are still the best dynamic driver headphones I've heard.
listen to the abyss tc with your xi stack

Oct 13, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #16,198 of 20,602
listen to the abyss tc with your xi stack
Haha, I know. The TC’s are next level for sure, but the Utopia’s deserve some love as well.

Oct 13, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #16,199 of 20,602
they are excellent, I owned them twice...I own the TC now lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back