Focal Utopia General Discussion
Nov 21, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #1,306 of 20,796
Ok thanks all. I think I will give my local dealers one more month so that can also demo them in the shop. But I somehow doubt they will have them in stock this year.

Else I might have to do something which I normally don't do which is ordering online without any auditioning :p
We at The Source AV believe blind buying is the least palatable of purchases. This is why we built such an enormous headphone bar. However we do know that some areas just don't have access, either by the lack of qualified stores or the lack of interest from your local stores. All Focal Utopia/Elear Stores were provide demo units for you to audition from, this includes your online sellers like Moon Audio, Headroom, TTVJ and the list goes on. These are not bad dealers, they are either online only or online mostly. If you have a dealer that is authorized to sell the Utopia & Elear but doesn't have them on display for you to audition than I would suggest you seek another dealer. These headphones are made in such small quantities that it is foolish for a dealer to sell off their demos. I also suggest that they are more about making the sale than making sure you as the consumer have the opportunity to audition these expensive products prior to making your purchase.

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Nov 21, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #1,307 of 20,796

Very good review 
wink.gif

I heard them last week and they are amazing, but $5000 in Canada 
frown.gif

Thanks, also i know that it's super expensive but i never regret buying it. in fact i am glad this option exist for me as the previous TOTL options wasn't for me xD

go for it Amigo 
devil_face.gif
beerchug.gif

evil_smiley.gif

Nov 21, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #1,308 of 20,796
  Thanks, also i know that it's super expensive but i never regret buying it. in fact i am glad this option exist for me as the previous TOTL options wasn't for me xD

go for it Amigo 
devil_face.gif
beerchug.gif

evil_smiley.gif

I'm seriously thinking about selling all my headphones to buy the Utopia, but my GF will probably kill me if she discover one day that I have paid 5k for a pair of headphones. lol

Nov 21, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #1,309 of 20,796

go for it Amigo 
devil_face.gif
beerchug.gif

evil_smiley.gif

I'm seriously thinking about selling all my headphones to buy the Utopia, but my GF will probably kill me if she discover one day that I have paid 5k for a pair of headphones. lol

Don't ask don't tell

Nov 21, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #1,310 of 20,796

Don't forget to add taxes. $5700 CAD with tax in my neck of the woods. :veryevil:

Nov 21, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #1,312 of 20,796

Yes I know.

The Utopia are probably the best headphones that I have heard in my life but they are so overpriced here in Canada.

Are they?  $3999USD is $5364.16 in CAD today according to Google.  The retail price is $4999 CAD so they are actually cheaper in Canada than the USA right now.

Nov 21, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #1,313 of 20,796

Are they?  $3999USD is $5364.16 in CAD today according to Google.  The retail price is $4999 CAD so they are actually cheaper in Canada than the USA right now.

Yes but when you add the taxes here the price is $5750 CAD ($4285 USD)

I would buy the Elear but the dip in the mids is a showstopper for me.

Nov 21, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #1,315 of 20,796

Yeah that's true. It's actually the Elear that is overpriced in Canada :p

Nov 21, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #1,317 of 20,796

i sold my TH900 + HE-6 + Toxic Cables for my friend so i get Utopia. he let me use the headphones till i finish LAu and Utopia's reviews. 

yet i had to pay a lot regardless to be able to get it O-o'' yeh its not this cheap, but i don't think anything will be able to replace it for at least 3-4 years maybe, if not more :D

Nov 21, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #1,320 of 20,796
I picked mine up in Edmonton for $4199 CAD plus 5% GST. No other sales tax in Alberta
gs1000.gif
  $4408.95 CAD all in. I didn't even have to haggle...that was the price the audio store in Edmonton quoted me.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back