Focal Utopia General Discussion
Feb 15, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #10,051 of 20,602
Feb 15, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #10,052 of 20,602
Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #10,053 of 20,602
Happy for you bro! I'll keep an eye for your next pic. In the TOTL thread the Abyss Phi and Susvara got more than 10/10 ratings for sounds. I just laughed out loud.
This hobby is quite addictive. I'm chasing a dragon that doesn't exist lol. What are you rocking these days?

Feb 15, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #10,054 of 20,602
This hobby is quite addictive. I'm chasing a dragon that doesn't exist lol. What are you rocking these days?

I sold off most of cans and Iems (like 15+ dynamic and 10 iems) last week and waiting on a
Sr-5 Gold
Lambda (1979 one I think)
both being shipped to me

I have only
DT48A
DT480
DT100- 2000ohm
DT660

I am looking for a DIY project atm :p like Fostex th500rp with biodyna drivers

I dont think I have one headphone that is modern atm. I convinced my gf to get me some 007 pads for valentines day + one IEM :D

Feb 15, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #10,055 of 20,602
I sold off most of cans and Iems (like 15+ dynamic and 10 iems) last week and waiting on a
Sr-5 Gold
Lambda (1979 one I think)
both being shipped to me

I have only
DT48A
DT480
DT100- 2000ohm
DT660

I am looking for a DIY project atm :p like Fostex th500rp with biodyna drivers

I dont think I have one headphone that is modern atm. I convinced my gf to get me some 007 pads for valentines day + one IEM :D
Yeah, we are on totally different paths at the moment, I'm looking for the future and you're stuck in 1985 haha.

Feb 15, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #10,056 of 20,602
Yeah, we are on totally different paths at the moment, I'm looking for the future and you're stuck in 1985 haha.

Ha! Not necessarily, I really liked the Utopia and would love to have enough $$$ for Susvara, but atm cannot .

I am stuck in 70s atm ! Weird since I am a 90s kid.

My dream can atm:

post-2765-0-27978500-1423776041_thumb.jpg

Different paths to some degree yes, but if anyone can donate their Utopia, I would gladly take it :D Beautiful headphone. Love the drivers.

Feb 15, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #10,057 of 20,602
Ha! Not necessarily, I really liked the Utopia and would love to have enough $$$ for Susvara, but atm cannot .

I am stuck in 70s atm ! Weird since I am a 90s kid.

My dream can atm:

Different paths to some degree yes, but if anyone can donate their Utopia, I would gladly take it :D Beautiful headphone. Love the drivers.
Hmmm, whatever floats your boat brother! I gotta try Stax one of these days. Never had the chance.

Feb 15, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #10,058 of 20,602
With respect, ask the NSA or journalists where they get there info where. Did I gave a wrong info ? I won't consider your suggestion with all respect due to you to the very important info you kindly provide us with everyday. Those not interested just have not to read my posts or blacklist me.
i'm not going to derail this thread by becoming involved in another circular argument with you, so i'll just jog your memory before i move on. when you repeatedly (and mistakenly) asserted that the utopia poll in this thread was accurate, you also claimed that the results were similar to a poll conducted in france. when i asked you to provide a link to that poll, you said that it was "confidential". when i asked you how you knew that focal sources the conductor for the utopia from china and that it is cheap, you replied that you couldn't "give a name", asserted that it's "cheap" "because it is ofc" and then referred me to aliexpress. that doesn't constitute proof of your claims and i'm not sure what the NSA's and journalists sources has to do with any of this. i will take you up on your last suggestion, however.

Feb 15, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #10,060 of 20,602
Both the poll and who makes the conductor of the Stellia (not the utopia) are confidential. I told you to go to AliExpress to check by yourself the price of OFC. Do you give proof of all confidential information you have ? Never. And the poll here is accurate, you haven't given any proof it isn't. I think this thread is "Focal Utopia General Discussion". So let get back to this thread and stop harassing me please.

Feb 15, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #10,063 of 20,602
sure - the reason why the poll is flawed is because it is self-selecting. it is designed in a way that introduces self-selection bias. this bias is introduced when participants choose whether or not to participate in the poll, and the size of the group that chooses to participate is not equivalent to the size of the group that chooses not to. in this case, the number of utopia owners who have participated in the poll currently total 249 (assuming that they have only voted once). this is a statistically small number compared to the number of utopia owners in the world, which would be in the thousands. the thread-starter who devised the poll recognised this and wanted to remove it but was unable to.

Feb 15, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #10,064 of 20,602
sure - the reason why the poll is flawed is because it is self-selecting. it is designed in a way that introduces self-selection bias. this bias is introduced when participants choose whether or not to participate in the poll, and the size of the group that chooses to participate is not equivalent to the size of the group that chooses not to. in this case, the number of utopia owners who have participated in the poll currently total 249 (assuming that they have only voted once). this is a statistically small number compared to the number of utopia owners in the world, which would be in the thousands. the thread-starter who devised the poll recognised this and wanted to remove it but was unable to.

Thanks a lot, appreciate it.

Now, onto matters at hand - currently my Woo Audio WA8 is undergoing RMA process due to slight static I've started hearing even on volume 0. I fully expect my distributor to either repair it or replace it but just in case they decide to give me a refund, I think I will want to experiment some more.

So, a good amp/dac combo to consider for about 2k USD? Bonus points for balanced if possible, I have two cables - one Kimber Axios with a standard 1/4inch connector and another Dana Cable with 4pin XLR and I'm kinda itching to test the latter :wink:

Feb 15, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #10,065 of 20,602
Thanks a lot, appreciate it.

Now, onto matters at hand - currently my Woo Audio WA8 is undergoing RMA process due to slight static I've started hearing even on volume 0. I fully expect my distributor to either repair it or replace it but just in case they decide to give me a refund, I think I will want to experiment some more.

So, a good amp/dac combo to consider for about 2k USD? Bonus points for balanced if possible, I have two cables - one Kimber Axios with a standard 1/4inch connector and another Dana Cable with 4pin XLR and I'm kinda itching to test the latter :wink:

I fully endorse the Hugo 2, if your budget can stretch a bit, or if you grab one second hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back