Focal Utopia General Discussion
Apr 7, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #3,091 of 20,708
Can anyone tell me how to reply to two different ppl and it be in the same box?Don't know how to do it thanks

The "multi" button right beside the quote button.

Or, uncheck the < Remove Nested Quotes in Replies > option in your account preferences to do it like shown above.

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #3,094 of 20,708
Does anyone know when the Focal Utopia bad drivers recall happened?

I'm planning to obtain one from a friend who purchased his Utopia in December 2016 from an authorized dealer. Imm afraid it'll have problems down the line since the warranty isn't transferable.

Apr 7, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #3,095 of 20,708

I'm planning to obtain one from a friend who purchased his Utopia in December 2016 from an authorized dealer. Imm afraid it'll have problems down the line since the warranty isn't transferable.

From what I know Focal didn't really recall any Utopia for bad driver's reason. Mine were received from November 2016 and still performs perfectly fine. Thought durability is one of the advantage of dynamic headphone? 

Apr 7, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #3,096 of 20,708
From what I know Focal didn't really recall any Utopia for bad driver's reason. Mine were received from November 2016 and still performs perfectly fine. Thought durability is one of the advantage of dynamic headphone? 

Some were having driver failures right before the new years.

Apr 7, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #3,097 of 20,708

I purchased mine new in December from an authorized dealer, they did not have any type of recall for my HP's then.

Apr 7, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #3,098 of 20,708

I believe the issue with some was discovered early after release and that those with bad drivers had been replaced by last September, with preventive changes to production also made.

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #3,099 of 20,708
Enters room tapping feet and dancing like Hugh Grant in love actually, these focal utopia headphones are amazing!Wanted to burn them in before having a proper listen 400 hrs now and over a 100 hours on the Nordost heimdall 2 cable.I've got an exceptionally small head and I've had a skin head haircut and I swear the bass is amazing now, not sure if it's because I'm now getting a tight fit or because I've got more hours on the utopia, buzzing :grin:

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #3,100 of 20,708
smile.gif
   It's the haircut!   @paul2qute

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #3,102 of 20,708
I believe the issue with some was discovered early after release and that those with bad drivers had been replaced by last September, with preventive changes to production also made.

Appreciate it. This is the reply I wanted to hear.

Glad they took care of it early. I really didn't want to buy one used and have it crap out on me within the first week x_x just to save a couple bucks and have no way to fix it. Obtaining warranty isn't so easy for those buying second handed goods, especialy for these headphones in particular.

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #3,104 of 20,708
I bought mine after Christmas 2016. No problem so far!

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #3,105 of 20,708
Bought mine late October but had to wait til Dec the 23rd to get them,no issues so far,my Mrs thinks they broke though because they leak sound, highly irritating when she watching Real Housewives of Atlanta!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back