Focal Utopia General Discussion
Sep 15, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #18,556 of 20,593
Tried old stock cable after long a while, still don't like it, Utopia is more heavy than ever and cable drags it further down. Comfort is like 20-25% better with thin generic cable from ebay.

Black Lemo connectors are twice cooler looking trough.

Bugger that even most expensive aftermarket cables don't have black Lemo connectors, stock cable could be scavenged for those but not sure if that would void warranty of headphones too.

Sep 15, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #18,557 of 20,593
Tried old stock cable after long a while, still don't like it, Utopia is more heavy than ever and cable drags it further down. Comfort is like 20-25% better with thin generic cable from ebay.

Black Lemo connectors are twice cooler looking trough.

Bugger that even most expensive aftermarket cables don't have black Lemo connectors, stock cable could be scavenged for those but not sure if that would void warranty of headphones too.

It doesn't void the warranty, I asked before I pilfered them from my OEM cable to make a custom aftermarket cable.

Sep 15, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #18,558 of 20,593
Sep 15, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #18,559 of 20,593
From reddit

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2022 at 6:03 PM Post #18,562 of 20,593
Last edited:
Sep 15, 2022 at 11:41 PM Post #18,565 of 20,593
Thanks for the heads up.
Not sure if I missed the announcement about the new thread, but the '22 Utopia should've been left right here on this thread.
i disagree. the original utopia and the new model that is about to be released are not the same headphone, which is why i created a separate thread. folks who are interested in the new model should be able to read and post about it without having to wade through this thread imo. it's really no different to having a thread for the hd800 and one for the hd800s as i see it.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2022 at 11:52 PM Post #18,566 of 20,593
Yeah, great idea.
On this thread @DJJEZ shows only a photo the '22 Utopia leading me to believe he owns it, which is why I gave him a "like" looking forward to hearing his impressions/comparisons. I go to the '22 thread and see the same photo from @DJJEZ saying that it's a photo from Reddit. We'll be jumping back and forth from thread to thread reading cross posts continuously.

Sep 16, 2022 at 12:15 AM Post #18,567 of 20,593
i disagree. the original utopia and the new model that is about to be released are not the same headphone, which is why i created a separate thread. folks who are interested in the new model should be able to read and post about it without having to wade through this thread imo. it's really no different to having a thread for the hd800 and one for the hd800s as i see it.
Unlike the HD800S the new Utopia hasn’t gotten a new name and based on what we know so far isn’t tuned too differently. This would be more akin to the Campfire Andromeda 2020 model which was a minor refinement. I’d have to disagree with the need for a new thread.

Sep 16, 2022 at 1:06 AM Post #18,569 of 20,593
Unlike the HD800S the new Utopia hasn’t gotten a new name and based on what we know so far isn’t tuned too differently. This would be more akin to the Campfire Andromeda 2020 model which was a minor refinement. I’d have to disagree with the need for a new thread.
it is a new model utopia that is replacing the current version. it will be officially released this weekend. it looks different and may even sound different. it warrants a separate thread imo for pragmatic reasons if nothing else.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 1:15 AM Post #18,570 of 20,593
it is a new model utopia that is replacing the current version. it will be officially released this weekend. it looks different to the original version and may even sound different. it warrants a separate thread imo for pragmatic reasons if nothing else.
We're going to be all over the place with a separate thread.
It's still the "Utopia" so it should've remained on this thread. It just would've been much easier, especially that everyone is going to be cross posting their impressions/comparisons anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back