Focal Utopia 2022 Review, Measurements
Dec 6, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #602 of 1,972
So for the UTOPIA/NUTOPIA you really don't need a stationary amp anymore😉...there you are better advised to invest the money in a good Dap 👍

NOMAX

Dec 6, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #603 of 1,972
So for the UTOPIA/NUTOPIA you really don't need a stationary amp anymore😉...there you are better advised to invest the money in a good Dap 👍

NOMAX
Utopia + OG Sony WM1Z since 2018 - SUBLIME

Dec 6, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #604 of 1,972

NOMAX
HUGE improvement from Sony WM1A to WM1ZM2 in driving Utopia. Portable ENDGAME? :wink:

Dec 6, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #606 of 1,972
how much is the street price of Utopia 22? I know Susvara is like 6K but they mostly go for ~4K, do we have any discounts available for new Utopia.

Dec 6, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #607 of 1,972
HUGE improvement from Sony WM1A to WM1ZM2 in driving Utopia. Portable ENDGAME? :wink:

Everybody has to decide for himself which Dap he wants to use 👍....ultimately, however, it will come down to the fact that most Headphone models from the high-price segment will have a very high efficiency in the future and the portable devices will replace the stationary ones 😉

NOMAX

PS.Pure analog stationary amps are already obsolete even nowadays for many thousands of Euros.... in the foreseeable future (in 3 to 4 years) the Dac/Amps will also pass away

lol

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2022 at 10:57 PM Post #608 of 1,972
I much prefer an iPhone & small dongle (or Bluetooth device), with Tidal or Quboz, so I can avoid carrying another large device in my pockets - at least for a portable rig. I still haven’t given DAPs a try despite being in the hobby for a long time, because of how inconvenient I imagine then to be. Maybe someday.

Dec 6, 2022 at 10:58 PM Post #609 of 1,972
Everybody has to decide for himself which Dap he wants to use 👍....ultimately, however, it will come down to the fact that most Headphone models from the high-price segment will have a very high efficiency in the future and the portable devices will replace the stationary ones 😉

NOMAX

PS.Pure analog stationary amps are already obsolete even nowadays.... in the foreseeable future (in 3 to 4 years) the Dac/Amps will also pass away
It will be hard to convince people that portable amps/DAPs somehow sound better than big bulky desktop DAC/Amps :sweat_smile:

Dec 6, 2022 at 11:02 PM Post #610 of 1,972
It will be hard to convince people that portable amps/DAPs somehow sound better than big bulky desktop DAC/Amps :sweat_smile:

Not if the headphones are going to be easy to drive....and you can believe one thing...they will be 😉
(It will also be at the upcoming flagship from ......so in 2023)

NOMAX

PS.At the end of the day, manufacturers want a piece of the pie where sales are still generated.
So I have my Utopia/Nutopia on no stationary equipment heard what has sounded better for 4300 euros as on my SP3000 (SOURCE/AMP/DAC)
What surprised me until today that the manufacturers and industry have not yet tried us that we need for IEMS stationary amps🙈😂

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2022 at 11:30 PM Post #611 of 1,972
Today i dedicate this track/ this classic to my Focal -A&K combo

Plug and play 👍

NOMAX

Ps.I own a Questyle CMA15 also...but why should i plug the Nutopia there?
(The Q is only for the Stealth)
Whoever puts one and one together knows that I am right 😉

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2022 at 12:14 AM Post #612 of 1,972
Not if the headphones are going to be easy to drive....and you can believe one thing...they will be 😉
(It will also be at the upcoming flagship from ......so in 2023)

NOMAX

PS.At the end of the day, manufacturers want a piece of the pie where sales are still generated.
So I have my Utopia/Nutopia on no stationary equipment heard what has sounded better for 4300 euros as on my SP3000 (SOURCE/AMP/DAC)
What surprised me until today that the manufacturers and industry have not yet tried us that we need for IEMS stationary amps🙈😂
You meant Hifiman? :wink:
It will be a game changer if they release a easy-to-drive Susvara!

Dec 7, 2022 at 3:12 AM Post #613 of 1,972
Dec 7, 2022 at 3:29 AM Post #614 of 1,972

NOMAX

PS.Pure analog stationary amps are already obsolete even nowadays for many thousands of Euros.... in the foreseeable future (in 3 to 4 years) the Dac/Amps will also pass away

lol
Let's bet.

You scale Apple, your hobbyist will continue pursuing overbearing, hot, heavy, inefficient, tube, niche.

Dec 7, 2022 at 5:21 AM Post #615 of 1,972
Has so his reasons why Focal in the high-price segment enjoy great popularity ... half of them are just also used on the portable devices
Everyone has his own ideas and views👍... ultimately, it will show the future where the journey goes for headphones in the high-price segment😉

NOMAX

PS.lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back