Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Feb 13, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #92 of 4,499

Feb 13, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #94 of 4,499
Each to their own I guess, but I don’t undestand dropping $3k on a pair of closed back headphones (with the compromises that usuallly brings).

If you are concerned about portability/sound insulation why wouldn’t you go for a high end IEM for $1k to $2k? There are plenty of wonderful options. And unless you are driving the headphones with a really high end portable device what’s the point of such an expensive headphone? I take my Utopias with me when I travel for hotel use. They are magic. But do I need a closed back version for the plane, train or the office? No I don’t - that’s what my noise cancelling headphones are for. Does my Mojo/Poly match what my home system can produce. No it doesn’t. Not even close (even if it is amazing for a portable device). And I dont think the Stellias are meant for gym use...

As I say each to their own but I’m puzzled. It’s like buying a hypercar for a go kart track shod with crappy tyres as opposed to a poper race track with a set of Pirellli Zero Trofeo Rs...

As for the looks I kind of like them - but I’m worried about the trend towards the super luxury look. It reeks of Gucci, Hermes, Rolex and Co. We’ve seen what happened with high end loudspeakers... Who is the target buyer for these?

But if they match or get close to the Utopias for $1k less then forget everything I’ve just said - I’m in!!

Mm...because a portable, reference-grade, on-the-go open-backed and closed back system is just what my doctor ordered:

9CBF46BB-1BEC-4380-9512-34732935ABE2.jpeg

:deadhorse::darthsmile::ksc75smile:

I am tempted to attend CanJam Singapore 2019 just to audition Stellia.....the name of my doctor? Dr. Cray Sy. :ksc75smile:

Feb 13, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #96 of 4,499
Mm...did he even listen to the Stellia? I was waiting for his impression. Highlight for me:

“Oh where did the berrylium go? Oh no, I ate it with my breakfast cereal. I need more fiber.”

:triportsad:.

Feb 13, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #97 of 4,499
Mm..this also, the Klipsch Heritage:

It is time to ban black, silver headphones. F.... boring-looking.
I think the Stellia blows both of those headphones away design-wise. And color too. :wink:

Feb 13, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #101 of 4,499
It's supposed to be $2500.00

Good question. I live in Virginia and actually like Crutchfield. I had them install Focal separates in a previous car I owned. The downside is paying the 6% sales tax, but I'd still rather give them the business than Best Buy any day of the week.

The also have the Stellia listed with an estimated ETA of 2/19/19 - https://www.crutchfield.com/p_091STELLIA/Focal-Stellia.html

Edit: I suspect Focal will probably cut prices on the Utopia being the Stellia will be going for $2,999.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #102 of 4,499
Good question. I live in Virginia and actually like Crutchfield. I had them install Focal separates in a previous car I owned. The downside is paying the 6% sales tax, but I'd still rather give them the business than Best Buy any day of the week.

The also have the Stellia listed with an estimated ETA of 2/19/19 - https://www.crutchfield.com/p_091STELLIA/Focal-Stellia.html

Edit: I suspect Focal will probably cut prices on the Utopia being the Stellia will be going for $2,999.
Maybe the price will actually be $3k instead of $2500. Weird. I pay 7% sales tax here in NJ. So I like buying out of state too.

Feb 13, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #104 of 4,499
Am I going crazy or with 7+ pages in the thread, the only place to see the measurements is at the end of a 19 minute video?

Feb 13, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #105 of 4,499

Users who are viewing this thread

Back