1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Feb 12, 2019.
First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last
  1. Mshenay
    I have to say I'm excited to see Focal has a new Flagship closed back! But I'm concerned about the rather boosted low end response. An it's a shame so many manufacturers are embracing this kind of tuning in their TOTL closed back products... maybe it'll sound more even than it measures!

Here's to hoping it'll be at some of the shows upcoming I'm in attendance to

bidn likes this.
  2. solfanger
    does it come in other colors too ?

3. Hoegaardener70
    Given that the soundstage is the Utopia's greatest weakness, having a similar signature WITH a HD820 soundstage would be wonderful.

4. wje
    Correct. But, it also appears that Focal has implemented a "locking mechanism" for the 3.5mm connector to keep them secured to the headphone cup. I'm sure one could probably use a thin 3.5mm connector to get it inserted, but you'd lose the locking capability. Now, we have a "hybrid" of a 3.5mm with a locking mechanism connector that we'll have to await for before one can get some custom cables. I guess they should have stayed with the Lemo connectors on these too. :frowning2:

someyoungguy likes this.
  5. Hoegaardener70
    Well, if the locking mechanism is similar to the Sony Z1R one, it is no problem. I am using normal viablue 3.5mm plugs which did not lock - works perfectly and are much smaller too. One does not need to use just because it is "there"

wje likes this.
  6. Wooglish
    I "think" this is the same connector the Sony Z1R's use...they have a collar locking mechanism too, but both Focal and Sony may be proprietary?

wje likes this.
  7. Beagle
    What do you mean? Why?

8. Phronesis
    I don't care much about how headphones look, but this one stands out in its ugliness to my eye.

supervisor likes this.
  9. musicman59
    I agree..
    I have the Utopia with the Axios AG. Since this is the closed flagship I was hoping for the same connector but they have a 3.5mm. Yes like the Z1R but it says “locking” so we are not sure if a standard 3.5mm would work.
    Is like with Final D8000 that have the 3.5mm but with a unique locking mechanism and regular 3.5mmndon’t work.

I just don’t understand why not to keep the same connector in the flagship models....

bdjul, Sp12er3, Aslshark and 3 others like this.
  10. Mediahound
    I'm pretty sure this is the same connector as the Clear/Elegia. It just clicks in and pulls out.

11. Beagle
    I find the Elegia to have the ideal frequency tonal balance, so the new one looks a little bass-humpy for me, around the 100hZ area. But graphs don't tell the story so I would need to hear them for sure. The two might complement each other very well.

wje likes this.
  12. atahanuz
    $3k ?? This is crazy. I am pretty sure their profit margin is at least %1000

13. Jthompson300
    If this ends up anything like their venture into closed back with the Elegia it will most certainly be a skip for me. Certainly worth a go at listening but no preorder here. And if they depend on the pads to do the mids and bass it’s a sure pass.

14. Beagle
    Again, graph is only a hint at what the actual sound might be to any one individual...but the Stellia sure looks like the HD820 and it's bloated midbass (that's when you could get a secure fit).

15. Mediahound
    My nickname for these is the Focal Root Beer

:beer:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Sp12er3, Deftone, pure5152 and 4 others like this.
First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last