1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Feb 12, 2019.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Next

Last
  1. raypin
    Mm...first rational thought upon waking up this morning: shoot-out article of the HD 820, Sony Z1R (bad pairing with the DMPZ1), Audio Technica L5000 (woof!; unobtanium), Audeze LCD XC (unreal with the Blu Mk II/Dave), TH 900 Mk 2 (listened briefly through the DMPZ1 and I am impressed) and the Stellia. Although I expect Utopia to be sonically superior as it is open back, I still would like to know how the Stellia compares with the Utopia.

The Battle of the TOTL Closed Backs: 2019 Edition!

Sp12er3, wje and Zojokkeli like this.
  2. skootb
    L5000 has no low end

halcyon likes this.
  3. raypin
    Mm...read the thread. It seems the production model has more/better bass than what was demoed in HK?

can’dnut likes this.
  4. paul30d
    By the song you are listening to, I would say you have been to the Philippines. If so, I am guessing you know the importance of rolex, hermes, real leather, french handbags, etc. I am just waiting for the first crocodile skin, french megabuck headphone. It's gonna do well in SE Asia.

Sp12er3 and wje like this.
  5. SHAMuuu
    WHOA 2 shocks today

First the focal

but L5000?!?!

How did I miss that one, i can;t believe it b/c i read about these things daily.

[​IMG]

6. DarginMahkum
    I would really be interested to hear how it holds up against Ultrasone Jubilee 25. I remember you have or had one.

7. skootb
    I bought a production model and returned it the next day. My noble Katana ciems have more bass than the l5000, and the katanas are not known for having a lot of bass

Misson07 and raypin like this.
  8. raypin
    Ot: Mm....and I also listen to African music, Russian music (P.... Riot is a riot), Chinese music (Canto Pop)..........and no Rolex for me. I am content with being an Apple fanboy so Watch Series 4, Xs Max and iPad Pro 11 are my tech gear/jewelry......and I wear regular folks clothes with no bling (not my style). I m a citizen of the world.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  9. guitardave
    I would be anxious to hear how the Stellia compares to the Utopia aside from the fact that one is open, the other closed. Given a quiet environment so all things are equal, is one audibly superior to the other or do they both trade pluses and minuses? Would there be any reason to move from a Utopia to a Stellia if only used in a quiet room anyway?

10. raypin
    Mm....you are right. There is no reason but closed back is also to not disturb other people while headphone listening. It can be a big deal for some.

11. gb21011971
    Generally speaking, open should be better than closed...BUT, since Utopia is a bit lean in the lower registers, maybe Stellia could be the more pleasant signature?

Deftone and PeteSTRADAMUS like this.
  12. PeteSTRADAMUS
    I'm very curious how the bass turns out.

13. Nomax
    ....its not easy to describe the soundsignature from Stellia....i hope i find the right Words

NOMAX

Pooh in japan likes this.
  14. John Blackshear
    Anxiously awaiting your review!

15. raypin

Mm...when words fail, do it in pictures. Where does it lie?

4F482280-E300-49A2-901F-42712C85C9F9.png
    (from Lawton Audio)

:deadhorse::ksc75smile::o2smile:

supervisor likes this.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Next

Last