Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Aug 10, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #2,671 of 4,499
I could see how if people intend to sell their stellias sometime in the future, it may make sense to protect the leather. I don't intend to part with mine and I'm nowhere near attractive enough to stare at myself in the mirror constantly, so I don't really notice the aging leather on my headphones while I'm listening to them.

Aug 15, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #2,673 of 4,499
Using Stellia with my favorite source. Yao Si Ting's album Eternal Singing Endless Love is perfection.

IMG_1603.jpeg

Aug 15, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #2,677 of 4,499
Using Stellia with my favorite source. Yao Si Ting's album Eternal Singing Endless Love is perfection.

IMG_1603.jpeg

Forget the sound. I just want to turn that knob and see how that feels. I bet it feels great.

Aug 16, 2020 at 8:09 AM Post #2,678 of 4,499
random post. Between the Focal big brothers.. I find I'm reaching for the Stellia more often than the Utopia. That bass slam and mid bass is killer, with the more intimate presentation. Glorious pairing with the WyWires Platinum cable and Woo 22 tube amp + RCA grey glass omgg sweet sound for days on end.

20200816_201035-01-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #2,680 of 4,499
My top 3 are Verite Closed, Stellia and LCD-XC. Not sure about the order yet... I sold the XC recently but regretted it and now own it again. If you can deal with the weight, I think it punches way above its sales price.

EDIT: sorry read your post as 'one more closed back'. My favorite open backs today are Abyss 1266 and LCD-4. Not sure which I would choose yet. Probably the Abyss. I am also interested in the Susvara and Final D8000.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #2,681 of 4,499
My top 3 are Verite Closed, Stellia and LCD-XC. Not sure about the order yet... I sold the XC recently but regretted it and now own it again. If you can deal with the weight, I think it punches way above its sales price.

EDIT: sorry read your post as 'one more closed back'. My favorite open backs today are Abyss 1266 and LCD-4. Not sure which I would choose yet. Probably the Abyss. I am also interested in the Susvara and Final D8000.
How does the XC compare to the Stellia?

Aug 16, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #2,682 of 4,499
So with the Focal Stellia being arguably the best closed back, what is the best open back if you could only have one more headphone?
'best' isn't a descriptor that i find meaningful in this inherently subjective hobby, but i've auditioned and compared most of the totl open-back models currently in production and chose the utopia

Aug 16, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #2,683 of 4,499
How does the XC compare to the Stellia?
That is not so easy, the Stellia is double or three times the price, depending on if you buy new or used, so a direct comparison is not fair. But anyway, for me, the Stellia is a more immediate, attention grabbing listening experience, it feels very 'present' and detailed across the full frequency range. The XC is a bit more 'artificial' sounding in direct comparison, but easier to listen to for longer periods. The XC also has remarkably good detail retrieval and instrument separation imo. It was my first high end closed back, and I like it a lot.

Aug 16, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #2,684 of 4,499
I know I’m keeping the Stellia for closed-back headphone needs, I know I’m doing Noble CIEMs as I wanted a Wizard Edition for like forever for ultra portable needs, and I just need one or two open-back headphones to seal the deal. Perhaps the Utopia and one other. And perhaps the Sony flagship cans just to see. Susvara, Final, ETC, there are just so many to choose from.

Aug 17, 2020 at 2:04 AM Post #2,685 of 4,499
I know I’m keeping the Stellia for closed-back headphone needs, I know I’m doing Noble CIEMs as I wanted a Wizard Edition for like forever for ultra portable needs, and I just need one or two open-back headphones to seal the deal. Perhaps the Utopia and one other. And perhaps the Sony flagship cans just to see. Susvara, Final, ETC, there are just so many to choose from.

May I suggest the Meze Empyrean as a contrast to the Stellias. Well thought of in many quarters.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back