Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Aug 1, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #2,641 of 4,495
2yu is a Frankenstein product and since my use case is portable it’s not interesting to me...owned and tested many of the totl daps... H2GO wins by a sizable margin. Heard it’s great with stellia.

I have tt2 mscaler with sotm sms 200 ultra neo with clocked switch and lps better solution than 2yu... which is a bizarre product.

I just want to know if the 2yu can run on the 2Go’s battery. That would be interesting to me.

Aug 1, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #2,642 of 4,495
2yu is a Frankenstein product and since my use case is portable it’s not interesting to me...owned and tested many of the totl daps... H2GO wins by a sizable margin. Heard it’s great with stellia.

I have tt2 mscaler with sotm sms 200 ultra neo with clocked switch and lps better solution than 2yu... which is a bizarre product.
But the H2Go is not really portable but more transportable. Or does it fit in your pocket?

Aug 1, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #2,646 of 4,495
But the H2Go is not really portable but more transportable. Or does it fit in your pocket?
A big pocket yes. no bigger than the ex 220 max. Yes it big but I hike with it all the time
So the 2Go has it own battery but the 2yu does not? Seems strange.
no it’s not... 2yu is not meant for a mobiLe use case..

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #2,647 of 4,495
I've just ordered an open-box Stellia and I'm excited to hear them for the first time! :)

Regarding burn-in and the Stellia in general, this video is very informative. He explains the physical basis behind Stellia burn-in at 5:36. I won't be making a final judgment on these headphones until at least 200 hours.

Aug 2, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #2,649 of 4,495
I've just ordered an open-box Stellia and I'm excited to hear them for the first time! :)

Regarding burn-in and the Stellia in general, this video is very informative. He explains the physical basis behind Stellia burn-in at 5:36. I won't be making a final judgment on these headphones until at least 200 hours.

So after our quick talk about my selling the stellias I gave them a listen. My God they are amazing. I might end up keeping these and the z1rs indefinitely.

I've been listening to tidal's playlist "conversion rave" and it's really brought out some good times

Aug 3, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #2,652 of 4,495

burn-in is a contentious topic. i couldn't be bothered waiting for 200 hours of burn-in to pass before deciding on whether i liked a headphone or not.

Aug 3, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #2,654 of 4,495
I agree it can take a little time acclimate to the Stellia, especially if you insist on using the Utopia as a point of reference (I know I was). Because they do sound pretty different in tonality even if they do share the same DNA.

The first time I heard the Stellia was also at Canjam and I was not particularly impressed by it. I sing a different tune about it now, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back