Focal For Bentley Radiance Headphones
Feb 9, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #1,426 of 1,465
Has anyone experienced a creaking or popping sound in the headband or in the cup/yoke connection while listening? Had this problem with Radiance in the past, and it became distracting. I am wondering if it is a known issue or if I just had a rare, defective unit.
If I recall this seems to be a common Focal problem. I think it's just how the headband is designed.

Not sure if there's solution for it though.

Just try to be very still when you're listening....... like Drax........

Feb 9, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #1,427 of 1,465
Has anyone experienced a creaking or popping sound in the headband or in the cup/yoke connection while listening? Had this problem with Radiance in the past, and it became distracting. I am wondering if it is a known issue or if I just had a rare, defective unit.
I had this same issue with one of my units. I sent it in to Focal for a repair and they fixed and shipped it within the same day. I had it back within the week that I shipped it so phenomenal service from Focal/Naim Canada. On top of that I wasn't charged anything for the service, I just had to pay for shipping.

Feb 16, 2024 at 9:03 AM Post #1,429 of 1,465
Hello everyone, I was looking in this thread for pad swapping with the focal radiance a few people recommended the dekoni hybrids. But has anyone tried these with the dekoni velour pads?
Also what would you guys recommend as a third party 4,4mm cable for these? Thinking about Hart or focal audio works.
Thanks in advance for any info
Greetings, Anouk,

Feb 16, 2024 at 10:21 AM Post #1,430 of 1,465
Hello everyone, I was looking in this thread for pad swapping with the focal radiance a few people recommended the dekoni hybrids. But has anyone tried these with the dekoni velour pads?
Also what would you guys recommend as a third party 4,4mm cable for these? Thinking about Hart or focal audio works.
Thanks in advance for any info
Greetings, Anouk,
I didn’t rate the Dekoni hybrids (or any Dekoni pad for that matter) with the Radiance at all

What you want is the CP Yang pads from Aliexpress - they’re possibly even better than the stock pads!

Feb 16, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #1,431 of 1,465
Feb 17, 2024 at 8:28 PM Post #1,433 of 1,465
Feb 29, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #1,435 of 1,465
Feb 29, 2024 at 7:15 PM Post #1,436 of 1,465
Feb 29, 2024 at 10:50 PM Post #1,437 of 1,465
Yes, inside perf only.
thx dude, really appreciate the tip.

Btw and just as a heads up, haven't read all the thread yet, but today I got in contact with the guys at headphones.com, because I bought my Clears and Radiance from them, and I've been pestering them for some time now if they were going to get some replacement pads for the radiance, and unfortunately Focal hasn't given them any indication that they're going to make some new ones, but apparently latter on the year there's going to be some news about the radiance, didn't say what exactly and couldn't give details but hopefully the radiance become a regular in the line up of focal's headphones a not just a limited edition.

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #1,438 of 1,465
but apparently latter on the year there's going to be some news about the radiance, didn't say what exactly and couldn't give details
Interesting indeed. I enjoy the radiance quite a lot.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #1,439 of 1,465
Intersting indeed. I enjoy the radiance quite a lot.
Yes indeed, probably the most fun sounding headphone I have. I do have problems deciding which is better, my Clears or my Radiance, a real conundrum indeed, I would say that the radiance can be more engaging but the clear is technically better but both are incredible headphones, and I think I saw that right now at headphones.com they're selling brand new clears for $790usd so at that price, under $1k, it's going to be unbeatable in this sector of the market, and also the radiance when it was on sale for a brand new one for $890, arguably the best close-back headphone under $1k, an incredibly deal.

Mar 9, 2024 at 12:11 AM Post #1,440 of 1,465
Yes, inside perf only.
The perforated pads arrive today, already tried them out for a while, I'm afraid to inform that they where not to my liking,, they changed the sound signature of my radiance and not for the better, to bright and sibilant, thanks for the recommendation anyway, going to have to keep looking for a good replacement. I'm not looking so much to improve the sound of the radiance as much as preserve it's signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back