Focal For Bentley Radiance Headphones
Mar 25, 2024 at 2:37 AM Post #1,441 of 1,465
I didn’t rate the Dekoni hybrids (or any Dekoni pad for that matter) with the Radiance at all

What you want is the CP Yang pads from Aliexpress - they’re possibly even better than the stock pads!
I just got the all perforated one for my Clear OG. Very good indeed and thank you for your suggestion. Haven't put on Radiance yet. It is much better than my another brown leather one from AliExpress. I even like it more than the Dekoni Elite Velour. You save me a lot of money from buying the original pads.

Mar 25, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #1,442 of 1,465
I just got the all perforated one for my Clear OG. Very good indeed and thank you for your suggestion. Haven't put on Radiance yet. It is much better than my another brown leather one from AliExpress. I even like it more than the Dekoni Elite Velour. You save me a lot of money from buying the original pads.
Can you buy the original radiance pads?

Mar 25, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #1,444 of 1,465
As far as I've been able to determine - no
I was once quoted 450.00 AUD for a pair of pads for the Radiance - I sold my Radiance!! The prices that Focal charge for their OEM pads are outrageous and ridiculous - they charge this price because no 3rd party pads sound the same.

I have kept my Clear MG Pro as it came with a spare set of pads but once those are worn out I don't think I could buy another Focal headphone - not that you are going to be able to.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 6:18 PM Post #1,449 of 1,465
I was once quoted 450.00 AUD for a pair of pads for the Radiance - I sold my Radiance!! The prices that Focal charge for their OEM pads are outrageous and ridiculous - they charge this price because no 3rd party pads sound the same.

I have kept my Clear MG Pro as it came with a spare set of pads but once those are worn out I don't think I could buy another Focal headphone - not that you are going to be able to.
Yep, the pad situation it's really bad with focal, to the point that I consciously don't use that much my radiance because I don't want to wear the pads off and If they're going to charge ridiculous amounts of money for somethings that honestly shouldn't be that expensive and they should have in stock, especially for the radiance, then I think I'm also not buying any focal anytime soon.

Mar 25, 2024 at 6:19 PM Post #1,450 of 1,465
€ 80 for one :scream:
I hope it's for one pair, not literally just one pad, and I hope they where at least new for that amount of money.

Mar 25, 2024 at 6:21 PM Post #1,451 of 1,465
Like I wouldn't be this salty and pissed off if at least we had the possibility of buying replacement pads for this headphone, even if we have to pay the focal luxury tax, but no, you have to hunt from them and there doesn't seem to be availability for new ones at least in the american continent.

Mar 25, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #1,453 of 1,465
Brand new for one pad :slight_frown:
this brings really negative thoughts to my head that would get me banned from this forum if I expressed them openly and frankly.

Mar 25, 2024 at 6:25 PM Post #1,454 of 1,465
The perforated pads arrive today, already tried them out for a while, I'm afraid to inform that they where not to my liking,, they changed the sound signature of my radiance and not for the better, to bright and sibilant, thanks for the recommendation anyway, going to have to keep looking for a good replacement. I'm not looking so much to improve the sound of the radiance as much as preserve it's signature.
This is a shame - I actually find the sound with the CP Yang pads less bright and more relaxed than with the stock ones. More spacious-sounding too. Have got two sets of these for future-proofing purposes now.

Mar 25, 2024 at 6:28 PM Post #1,455 of 1,465
This is a shame - I actually find the sound with the CP Yang pads less bright and more relaxed than with the stock ones. More spacious-sounding too. Have got two sets of these for future-proofing purposes now.
I appreciate the suggestion tho, like they're not horrible, but I prefer the sound that comes using the original pads, good thing is that I have a pair of relatively cheap replacement pads for this headphone. I'm going to keep pestering headphones.com regarding the replacement pad issue with the radiance since they have the direct line of communication with focal and maybe they can exert more pressure on them to actually address the situation.

Edit: Also I would suggest anybody that got their pair of radiance through headphones.com to do the same, in that way, we pressure them, the distributor and they pressure Focal and maybe, just maybe, they bring to market the replacement pads for their headphone like they should have from the very beginning. Fingers crossed!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back