Focal Elear - Impressions Thread
Dec 12, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #1,456 of 6,742

Have you tried listening at higher volumes to see if the distortion is more pronounced, mine got very bad..enjoy

yes ,,
my main problem now is with the heavy bass only ,, so this way i said (almost gone)
before it was with any music ..

Dec 12, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #1,457 of 6,742

yes ,,
my main problem now is with the heavy bass only ,, so this way i said (almost gone)

Guys, how many hours of burn in have you done?  

I have done about 18 hours of pink noise, and they sound clearer and clearer (they sounded great out of the box), and there are definitely more details now.  All layers are well separated.  Thus far, I am very impressed.  Destroyed everything I had until now.  

Dec 12, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #1,458 of 6,742

yes ,,

Be careful this does not go on too long these hp's should not have any audible distortion what so ever..

Dec 12, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #1,459 of 6,742
I always wounder about reports of headphones having the same issue with both drivers but I guess a batch of consecutively bad units is always a possibility.

Has anyone with Elear problems used an SLP meter to see what volume they are listening at?

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #1,463 of 6,742
It started even before i hooked up an amp to them. I played an Edm song, No kick drum, Just Bass line, And i heard crackle... Then a sound like the speakers were hitting something inside the driver. Both sides. Every single bass hit. I wanted these suckers as a Christmas present for myself for all my hard work this year. Now idk anymore man.

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #1,464 of 6,742
Just get a new pair. there is plenty around that don´t have this problem and it´s unlikely lightning hit twice.

Dec 13, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #1,465 of 6,742

I wouldn't say huge, no. However I did notice a subtle improvement in overall clarity across the spectrum. Couple this though with less weight and length and it's fair to say I am pleased with my purchase.

200 USD is not cheap though.\

I think my next upgrade would be a good amp/dac.   Possibly tube amps rather than solid state.  Not sure yet as I would need to do more research and get more feedback first.

Dec 13, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #1,467 of 6,742
  Something like this or this should work for a short, actually affordable cable.

I have the first one don´t sound nearly good as stock but for portable use it´s nice. And cheap as you say. To bad you can´t eat the cake and have it.

Dec 13, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #1,468 of 6,742
Anyone with a big noggin care to weigh in on fit?

I've tried some cans where I couldn't get the earcups low enough to cover my ears at the bottom because there wasn't enough adjustment range.

Dec 13, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #1,469 of 6,742
  It started even before i hooked up an amp to them. I played an Edm song, No kick drum, Just Bass line, And i heard crackle... Then a sound like the speakers were hitting something inside the driver. Both sides. Every single bass hit. I wanted these suckers as a Christmas present for myself for all my hard work this year. Now idk anymore man.

I feel you man ,, same problem here .. burning is useless :frowning2:

Dec 13, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #1,470 of 6,742
Sure hope this is just a small  issue with a few hp's really miss their sound, should have my replacements hopefully next week..enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back