Focal Elear - Impressions Thread
Oct 17, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #1,023 of 6,742
  I have the HE-560 and the Elear.  I would agree the 560 really shines with good amplification.  I'm using the Jotenheim and balanced cables.  Man did that help the 560.  But I think I still prefer the Elears for modern music and EDM.  Classic rock I go with the 560.  My two cents worth.

I have both the Elear and the HE560 as well.  Both run balance out of a RSA Apache with a PWD MK II DAC and I am finding all my head time is going to the elears.  I am getting much more overall separation with the elears.  The RSA Apache easily drives the HE560 but it just comes up a little short to the Elear.

Oct 17, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #1,024 of 6,742
  I have the HE-560 and the Elear.  I would agree the 560 really shines with good amplification.  I'm using the Jotenheim and balanced cables.  Man did that help the 560.  But I think I still prefer the Elears for modern music and EDM.  Classic rock I go with the 560.  My two cents worth.

How did Elear sound when paired with Jotunheim?

Oct 17, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #1,026 of 6,742
I am honestly super happy upgrading from the Ether C 1.1 to the Elear. I only have one complaint about the Elear. The pads are DUST MAGNETS!

Anyone with any tips on how to remove the dust from the pads?
A lint roller, specifically the sticky paper type work well.

Oct 17, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #1,027 of 6,742

I am honestly super happy upgrading from the Ether C 1.1 to the Elear. I only have one complaint about the Elear. The pads are DUST MAGNETS!

Anyone with any tips on how to remove the dust from the pads?

I wonder if this would work

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ORQ01K/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have one lying around lol

Oct 17, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #1,028 of 6,742

How did Elear sound when paired with Jotunheim?

Great, wonderful dynamics, and control.  Very transparent pairing.

Oct 18, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #1,031 of 6,742

I reckon it is the Jotunheim without the DAC module you have.
Are you running the Elear's balanced from Jotunheim?
Do you feel that the sound is full (I have heard that Jotunheim has the power, but might sound a little bright on the Elear's)?
I am waiting for Jotunheim to drive my Elear's myself and hope for prolonged listening sessions without fatigue.

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #1,032 of 6,742
Well it looks like I won't be getting my pair of Elear's for 2 to 4 weeks because that's when Headroom is expecting the next shipment. Its hard to believe we are at a point where a $1000 headphone is this popular but I guess that just goes to show how good they really are. At least it gives me more time to decide which of my headphones I'm going to sell.

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #1,033 of 6,742
I haven't auditioned elear yet,just wondering is elear fit for pop music(like Jason mraz or maroon 5) or rock?

Want to choose between t1 2nd and elear(or ps1000e), need some advice! 
Hi. I own both T1 2nd and Elear. Elear is outstanding for pop/rock, better than T1.2 in that regard. Both cans are great, just voiced differently. The Elear can wear me down after a while whereas the T1.2 is a bit mellower. That's my 2 cents.worth. YMMV.

Oct 18, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #1,034 of 6,742

I reckon it is the Jotunheim without the DAC module you have.
Are you running the Elear's balanced from Jotunheim?
Do you feel that the sound is full (I have heard that Jotunheim has the power, but might sound a little bright on the Elear's)?
I am waiting for Jotunheim to drive my Elear's myself and hope for prolonged listening sessions without fatigue.

I am using the Jot with internal dac.  I compared the internal to my Bifrost 4490 and really couldn't tell any difference.  Right now using stock SE cable.  Balanced cable on order.  I don't find the Elear's bright at all with this pairing.  Of course my other main headphone is a Hifiman he-560.  I can listen for hours without fatigue on the Elear.

Oct 18, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #1,035 of 6,742
I am using the Jot with internal dac.  I compared the internal to my Bifrost 4490 and really couldn't tell any difference.  Right now using stock SE cable.  Balanced cable on order.  I don't find the Elear's bright at all with this pairing.  Of course my other main headphone is a Hifiman he-560.  I can listen for hours without fatigue on the Elear.

The reason for the DAC comment of mine was that Schiit apparently have reported a component shortage for their DAC module, delaying shipments.

Which balanced cable did you land on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back