Focal Elear - Impressions Thread
Dec 21, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #5,492 of 6,742
@Glasha If you've swapped the cable entries and you're still not getting any sound from the same driver (pavilion?) then the only option will be to buy my Elear from me.

I wish I'd said that first I just sent my forth pair to FNA for repair this pair is not under warranty, anyone know what the cost of a driver replacement is ? It sure ended my love affair with the Focal sound never again will I buy a Focal hp..

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #5,494 of 6,742
Hello guys!
Bad news: the right pavilion of my headphones is dead I guess. But if I put the right channel of my cable on the left pavilion, I don't hear anything as well, it happens the same if I put the left channel of my cable in the right pavilion, nothing.
So I can hear only the left side. Any advice or clue?
Are you saying if you flip over cables (left and right) it’s only ever the right earcup that never works but the left earcup always works (regardless of whether the left or right side of the cable is connected to it)?

Dec 22, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #5,497 of 6,742
Well, I'm saying that I don't hear anything from the right side.
If I swap cables (left and right) I don't hear the left side as well, very strange.......
That’s what I thought youe meant

Probably not the headphone then

In that case try another amplifier if you can so that will show if it’s the amp.or try another headphone in your amp.

If that all works fine then it seems like it’s just the cable

Dec 23, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #5,499 of 6,742
I tried the headphones with different devices and the issue remains :/
Then it must be the cable if the problem side follows the cable

Dec 23, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #5,500 of 6,742
Just got my pair in today!! Scored them in mint condition on ebay from a guy about 2 hours from me for 380 bucks O_O

I'm so used to the laid back signature of the hawks that all these details in jazz/classical just blast you in the face. I like it.

So, all those reviews weren't lying though, that cable could be used as a home defense whip ala Indiana Jones. I was thinking I'd use the 2nd cable my Hawks came with but looks like these Focals use a bigger 3.5mm size. Anyone have any non-snake oil cable suggestions? I don't mind dropping 50 or so on a cable but these "pure silver magic cables that will make you toast in the morning" are ignorant at best.

Dec 23, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #5,505 of 6,742
3mf9rZtQbRkrmhfF7
I have them...cheapy feeling...guess if ya want that feel be ok, they work....

Well I'm not gunna go spend 100 bucks on a cable that does the same thing because "omg these cables with the same kind of wires opened up my soundstage and gave it incredible depth placebo effect so I can justify the amount I spent on my gear".

I'd rather not have a cable with that nylon sleeving but, nothing else uses anything better until you start getting into the 60+ range. Does kevlar have a softer feeling to it at all? Saw a few out there with it that was like 30ish which isn't unreasonable.

Plenty of Elear owners said the cable was great so, I'll go with them.

aCZkar3.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sexy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back