Focal Clear Mg Review & Measurements
Dec 5, 2023 at 6:12 PM Post #2,072 of 2,126
Joined the club……only listened for a little over 3 hours, upon receiving today, but I’m just listening to Mark Knopfler’s album, “Down The Road Wherever” presently the track “Just A Boy Away From Home” and the depth in the music is incredible ! Even after 3 hours, or even 20 minutes into this album, alone, I have never heard a headphone like this. My first Focal headphones.

Attachments

• IMG_1707.jpeg
    IMG_1707.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 5, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #2,073 of 2,126
Joined the club……only listened for a little over 3 hours, upon receiving today, but I’m just listening to Mark Knopfler’s album, “Down The Road Wherever” presently the track “Just A Boy Away From Home” and the depth in the music is incredible ! Even after 3 hours, or even 20 minutes into this album, alone, I have never heard a headphone like this. My first Focal headphones.
Yep, one of the best imo. And the only Focal I actually like lol.

Dec 13, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #2,074 of 2,126
I have owned mine a couple of months now I have paired it with Liquid Platinum Amp
The timber is addictive just one more track then it 4am.
My only fault is the they slam to much with the stock pads for example Neil Young Freedom album has a Indian tom tom beat through out the album.After a few tracks I got a headache as it was consantly slamming.I changed the stock pads for Dekoni pads.
I own 5 pair of headphones but these and the grado RSX-1(less bass) are the only ones get any airtime theses days.

Dec 14, 2023 at 7:00 AM Post #2,075 of 2,126
I have owned mine a couple of months now I have paired it with Liquid Platinum Amp
The timber is addictive just one more track then it 4am.
My only fault is the they slam to much with the stock pads for example Neil Young Freedom album has a Indian tom tom beat through out the album.After a few tracks I got a headache as it was consantly slamming.I changed the stock pads for Dekoni pads.
I own 5 pair of headphones but these and the grado RSX-1(less bass) are the only ones get any airtime theses days.

I think from my initial reaction, i’m having mixed thought’s depending on what I’m listening to & how well that music / album is produced. To be honest, i haven’t used it with any other equipment, at the moment, other than my DMP-Z1 player, but will try other, in due course. Clocked up 50 hours of listening, presently.
I understand what you say about the slam, at times, & i will have to consider the Dekoni pads. ( Are they available to purchase in the U.K. ?? ) Going by what’s posted on here, i may have to consider changing the stock cable, too ??

Dec 14, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #2,076 of 2,126
Last edited:
Dec 14, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #2,077 of 2,126
I've bought a 3m open ended cable from Oidio. That's simply because the stock cable is far too short. I also bought one for my Oppo PM1 as I stupidly shut a drawer on the right hand channel, which was the best stock cable I've ever had.

https://oidiosound.co.uk/

Oidio.jpg

Dec 14, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #2,078 of 2,126
I got my pads from here https://www.electromod.co.uk/dekoni-ear-pads-for-focal-headphones
If your looking for a reasonable priced hand made cable try skyaudiocables they are good quality on this forum and in the UK
I have just ordered a 4m silver cable from skyaudiocables for my focals

Thanks for that info. I will look into it.
I've bought a 3m open ended cable from Oidio. That's simply because the stock cable is far too short. I also bought one for my Oppo PM1 as I stupidly shut a drawer on the right hand channel, which was the best stock cable I've ever had.

https://oidiosound.co.uk/

Oidio.jpg

I ordered from them, for my Sony 1AM2 headphones & the cable / one ear cup recently failed. Almost every custom cable I have ordered from anyone has failed e.t.c. It’s expensive game, especially when not lasting as long as you would hope.

Dec 27, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #2,082 of 2,126
I'll start by saying that the clear mg cable is terrible, I took a low impedance custom cans cable and it significantly changed the sound of the clear for the better, it seems like another headphone.
I got a new cable for my mg for xmas need time to listen the cable once all the relative leave today
IMG_4273.jpg

Dec 27, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #2,083 of 2,126
I got a new cable for my mg for xmas need time to listen the cable once all the relative leave today IMG_4273.jpg
Wow, what cable is that? Do you have a link? Looks great!

Dec 27, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #2,084 of 2,126
Dec 28, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #2,085 of 2,126

Users who are viewing this thread

Back