Focal Clear Mg Review & Measurements
Apr 6, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #1,516 of 2,150
Hi all thinking of getting either the FOCAL MG or MG professional to use with my IFI diable dac/amp any experience of this combo at all? thanks mat

Apr 6, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #1,517 of 2,150
Hi all thinking of getting either the FOCAL MG or MG professional to use with my IFI diable dac/amp any experience of this combo at all? thanks mat
Magic , I have tried this combination and I can vouch that is a very musical and technical match.

Apr 6, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #1,518 of 2,150
Magic , I have tried this combination and I can vouch that is a very musical and technical match.
is there any difference between the professional MG and MG version do you know as had conflicting opinions on this :)

Apr 6, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #1,519 of 2,150
is there any difference between the professional MG and MG version do you know as had conflicting opinions on this :)
The Drivers are identical. Just different Colors. and I believe the Pro comes with an extra set of pads.

Apr 6, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #1,520 of 2,150
The Drivers are identical. Just different Colors. and I believe the Pro comes with an extra set of pads.
thx seems strage that they are £250 cheaper than the bronze versions......makes no sense ?

Apr 11, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #1,523 of 2,150
ordered myself the Clear MG Pro should be here tomorrow,

any setup tips/recommendations to go with them e.g. earpads, cable, running in?

Apr 11, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #1,524 of 2,150

Just use the stock cable and listen to your favorite music.
When not listening do burn them for a while, they need about 150 hours to settle down.

Apr 11, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #1,525 of 2,150

I found mine opened up and really started to shine after about 12 hours at mod-high listening Volume. I did replace the stock cable with a Moon Audio Blue Dragon, not for sound, but because the stock XLR cable is way too long and is an absolute pain in the ass to straighten out.

Apr 11, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #1,526 of 2,150

I highly recommend a different cable than stock, I had connection issues with 2 Focal cables now, first with the Elex and now also with the Clear MG Pro. They're also terrible ergonomics. Third party flexible cables are the way to go. Even this nice cheap one on Amazon is high quality, I use it all the time: https://www.amazon.com/NewFantasia-Replacement-Compatible-Headphones-1-2meters/dp/B07Q282FKV/

Apr 11, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #1,529 of 2,150
I have to kindly disagree with @Andrew_WOT. The stock cable that came with my Focal Clear MG is terrible, to the point I almost returned them. Thanks to an Audiophile Ninja cable, I was able to tolerate them again.

I do believe cables empart their own characteristics to how headphones sound, and in my particular case, the difference was substantial.

YMMV

Apr 11, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #1,530 of 2,150
Seems like the headphone is like the Arya of Hifiman, just pure value and performance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back