Focal Clear Mg Review & Measurements
Jan 20, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #1,156 of 2,126
Jan 20, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #1,157 of 2,126
Dekoni Stellia LTD pads are here.
They are hybrid design with soft sheepskin leather as outer shell and similar to stock pad fabric on inside.
More comfortable than stock on ears, there is memory foam inside. On sound, there is slightly more bass and as drivers are father away from ears, slightly improved soundstage, but other than that it's splitting hair with stock ones, except that you don't have to worry about staining fabric. They also seem to attenuate more and need a bit more volume to sound the same as stock.
Game changers? No, not in my book, MG still sound pretty much the same way as with original pads.
And I still prefer HE-6SEv2, by a mile, they sound like speakers, very engaging, sometimes freaking me out as may sound like something happens in the room or someone just speaks into my ear, no kidding, made me jump few times already. :darthsmile: But it's Clear MG thread, so I'll shut up.

1642714440923.png
1642714518774.png
1642714566618.png

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #1,161 of 2,126
It looks like you're in for a treat with the Utopia.
You didn't have to refinance to get those cables did you?
YOLO.

Plus, I have a friend in the industry, so...

Jan 20, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #1,162 of 2,126
It looks like you're in for a treat with the Utopia.
You didn't have to refinance to get those cables did you?
Always admired audio equipment sales pitch poetry, meaningless but beautiful a the same time, like French language to me. LOL :o2smile:
  • Custom hand-crafted in the USA & lifetime guaranteed
  • SA-OF8N (RSC) Rectangular solid core solid core Gen3 conductors
  • 999999 oxygen-free, mono crystal, frequency-tuned, hand-polished
  • HFX floating ground station system
  • Multiple terminations available
  • Silver braided shield
  • High-frequency extension, full mid that is rich in timbre
  • Tight, powerful bass
  • Neutral & natural with excellent spatial cues
  • Extremely transparent, very fine resolution of details with micro nuances
  • Holographic three-dimensional with expensive soundstage
  • Images outlined clearly with timber & musicality

Jan 20, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #1,163 of 2,126
Always admired audio equipment sales pitch poetry, meaningless but beautiful a the same time, like French language to me. LOL :o2smile:
Go read the white papers on it. I assure you, it's quite dry and uninspiring. But the science does support it.

Jan 20, 2022 at 7:07 PM Post #1,164 of 2,126
Go read the white papers on it. I assure you, it's quite dry and uninspiring. But the science does support it.
Following the science, bet I've heard that before. :)

Enjoy your cable, don't listen to us.

Nothing beats
  • Images outlined clearly with timber & musicality

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2022 at 7:15 PM Post #1,165 of 2,126
Following the science, bet I've heard that before. :)

Enjoy your cable, don't listen to us.

Nothing beats
That's the beautiful thing about having free will, everyone can make their own choices and decisions. I have been fortunate enough to have the resources to make these purchases as well as give to the charities of my choice. Plus, like I said, I have a friend in the industry.

Jan 20, 2022 at 7:16 PM Post #1,166 of 2,126
"OF8C" must mean "oxygen-free 8 (nines) copper".

Surprised they don't use the OCC (Ohno Continuous Cast) copper, although "mono-crystal" alludes to the same idea.

Ohno's white paper is a good read (describing the fabrication parameters and processes for OCC); not too lengthy, either.

The benefits of single crystal structure as regards signal transfer in wire seem quite plausible, just from a common-sense point-of-view.

Right now, I've got the MG wired with 7-nines Neotech UPOCC 4x 22AWG solid silver cable. The Dave Brubeck Quartet's "Take Five" has rarely sounded better.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #1,167 of 2,126
Wood you believe they don't know how to spell timber? :fearful: Perhaps they're referring to the timber they use to make the above referenced white paper.

Kidding of course, I agree with @ColSaulTigh fully. If you have the resources and enjoy it, no opinion but those of your own ears and brain matter.

Jan 20, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #1,168 of 2,126
Unbeknownst to him, Andrew_WOT is just a few glasses of single batch bourbon shy of learning that cables and burn-in do indeed make a difference.
After a while you don't even need cables: two glasses of Colonel E.H. Taylor is all you need to really bring out the MG's fine, liquid midrange.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #1,170 of 2,126
I bought my first 750 mL bottle of Colonel E.H. Taylor about five years ago for around $44.
That same bottle today costs over $100! Hence, my individualized temperance movement and moratorium on the good Colonel also began today.

1642728140818.png

Here's to you, Colonel! As I raise my glass of Bulleit high.

1642728718779.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back