Focal Clear Mg Review & Measurements
Oct 1, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #632 of 2,145
Oct 1, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #634 of 2,145
Ah well, we all have our preferences. I guess I'm too addicted to the Focal + Sennheiser midrange.
Can anyone here recommend an IEM that is similar to the Clear MG in terms of sound signature and dynamics? I've heard good things about the new Dunu Zen Pro, wondering if I should consider something else.

Oct 2, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #636 of 2,145
Ah well, we all have our preferences. I guess I'm too addicted to the Focal + Sennheiser midrange.
Can anyone here recommend an IEM that is similar to the Clear MG in terms of sound signature and dynamics? I've heard good things about the new Dunu Zen Pro, wondering if I should consider something else.
Will not gonna the same because IEM vs Headphone presentation, but I think 64 Audio U12T is getting close.

Oct 3, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #640 of 2,145
The video quality and sound is very poor on this YouTube video. Not sure why because the September 23 YouTube Video on Radiance is great.

I didn't notice the audio being poor but definitely agree on the video. I'm mostly using very basic webcams for video for the time being. A camera upgrade and some better lights will happen at some point - but the cost of those things removes money from audio gear acquisition! Decisions decisions. Lol. Thanks for the feedback, tho.

Oct 3, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #641 of 2,145
Had the MG for a week. I think it's fantastic. I've never heard the OG, but this can is crystal clear to me, very punchy, not sibilant. Very natural/realistic sound. I love the Focal dynamics & midrange forward sound. I like the feeling of the sound in my face, it's like they are singing right in front of my face-almost like being in the studio or on stage with the band, pretty neat! 10/10 for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211003-134615_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20211003-134615_Snapchat.jpg
    444 KB · Views: 0
Oct 4, 2021 at 4:51 AM Post #642 of 2,145
I didn't notice the audio being poor but definitely agree on the video. I'm mostly using very basic webcams for video for the time being. A camera upgrade and some better lights will happen at some point - but the cost of those things removes money from audio gear acquisition! Decisions decisions. Lol. Thanks for the feedback, tho.
Just use whatever you had on September 23rd Video which was very good and then I will subscribe again.

Oct 5, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #644 of 2,145
The Focal Radiance has much more punch in the low end. I had it for a few weeks and now overall prefer my Focal Clear MG, but miss that low end thump kick.

Dang, that's interesting. I'm heavily considering switching to one of Focal's closed backs, and from what I was told it always seemed like the Radiance had the least amount of bass (minus the Elegia).

Oct 5, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #645 of 2,145
from what I was told it always seemed like the Radiance had the least amount of bass (minus the Elegia).

Yikes. That's...weird. Radiance is the bassiest Focal I've heard by some margin. I've heard Elegia, Stellia, and Clear MG too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back