Focal Clear Mg Review & Measurements
May 14, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #376 of 2,126
Lucky you and that’s why I wrote „most“. :wink:

May 15, 2021 at 7:09 AM Post #377 of 2,126
I have had my MG since release listen everyday at 80 to 90db. I have listen to all kinds of genres and have never clipped my set.

May 15, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #378 of 2,126
So I finally got everything in today to start testing which DAC I'm going to go with. Right now I'm switching between the Chord Qutest and the PS Audio Stellar GainCell DAC. The GS-X Mini was the last piece of the puzzle I needed. Been using the headphone amp out of the PS Audio and a Cambridge DACMagic till it came in. PS Audio beat out the Cambridge by far.

Either way I'm loving the new Focal Clear MG's. Glad I chose them as my first headphones.

IMG_5306.JPG

May 21, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #381 of 2,126
Went to a boutique yesterday to listen to a lot of headphones (Arya, ananda, zmf aeolus, lcd-2) and dac/amps (mostly burson audio and some tubes).

So far, I am still liking my Clear MGs. The owner of the shop wasn't a fan of the Clear sound (too clinical) but personally I didn't really like the lack of punch in a lot of other headphones I heard. I think the ZMF aeolus is a beautiful headphone for the price, and while I preferred it in some area's and musicality, the lack of slam/impact was very noticable.

On the other hand, the Clears are a bit in your face. Especially on the Burson audio (not sure if that is a more clinical amp?) Therefore, I was really liking a tube amp I heard, paired with the MGs. The Fezz Audio – Omega Lupi. Has anyone else tried the amp? Other great tube pairings with the focal Clears?

May 21, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #383 of 2,126
Went to a boutique yesterday to listen to a lot of headphones (Arya, ananda, zmf aeolus, lcd-2) and dac/amps (mostly burson audio and some tubes).

So far, I am still liking my Clear MGs. The owner of the shop wasn't a fan of the Clear sound (too clinical) but personally I didn't really like the lack of punch in a lot of other headphones I heard. I think the ZMF aeolus is a beautiful headphone for the price, and while I preferred it in some area's and musicality, the lack of slam/impact was very noticable.

On the other hand, the Clears are a bit in your face. Especially on the Burson audio (not sure if that is a more clinical amp?) Therefore, I was really liking a tube amp I heard, paired with the MGs. The Fezz Audio – Omega Lupi. Has anyone else tried the amp? Other great tube pairings with the focal Clears?

Tested my MGs with the dark voice and they do sound very good.

May 23, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #384 of 2,126
May 24, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #386 of 2,126
I trust the people who made them. Lol. They said there's no difference other than color.
It just blows my mind how there's a full page here of them describing the differences between them when they are the same thing. Makes you wonder how much of these review websites are just talking out of their ass.

May 24, 2021 at 12:46 AM Post #390 of 2,126
Do we have an official Focal announcement?

I have mailed them about the frequency response of both models but they haven't responded.

Maybe someone posted a frequency response graph?

It seems very strange that this two reviewers are making that out of their minds....
I'm pretty sure @jude cleared(pun intended) that up in his review. Unless I'm missing something Focal made it clear that they're the same headphone just different colors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back