Focal Clear headphones
Feb 10, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #8,821 of 12,550
I'm experiencing on occasion intensely loud pops upon inserting my Clears cable into the RNHP amp. Its a brand new amp and even had rupert neve designs take a look at it and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Any idea of what it may be? Perhaps static electricity build up? I'm concerned for my hearing and also the clears as the pops are quite loud and uncomfortable. This also happens on my Elegia's

hey everyone just replying to my post from earlier tonight. Anyone ever experience anything like this?

Feb 10, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #8,822 of 12,550
Semi stock MJ2 handily beats my Modded LP. I rolled in some 7728 CBS Hytron with adapters and it's mind boggling good. Hoping the Elna Silmic ii blacken the background and remove some faint grain like it did for the LP.
0.3 is “electrically” good in that pairing 99.9+ percent of headphones with the Mjolnir 2 will not result in a significant measured deviation from flat frequency response. FFR is only one part, though, of overall sound quality.

Feb 11, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #8,825 of 12,550
hey everyone just replying to my post from earlier tonight. Anyone ever experience anything like this?

Ye as other said, I also have it already plugged in, then turn the machine on. Because the pop is always there. If we are talking about the same. For exaple you have car radio turned loud and if you connect a smartphone via 3,5 it does the same.

Feb 11, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #8,830 of 12,550
Any news about new MG version of Clear, it was listed on Adorama a few days back and it's been taken out.
1613069375567.png

Feb 11, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #8,832 of 12,550
Assessing, judging and comparing headphones can be frustrating but it is a natural turmoil we all go through when we labour over which headphone we should ultimately choose especially when we are considering spending a serious chunk of change. Many of us have been through this painful process. Let me give you my personal view on this as I have been through this myself. The ultimate headphone may exist but not everyone's ears judge them equally. Bottom line, headphone manufacturer's design and build headphones according to the sound characteristics based on their desired objectives which may or may not suit everyone's expectations. That's a good thing, after all if every headphone sounded virtually the "same" then this hobby would be pretty boring. Again my personal view, variety is the spice of life. Headphones are no exception. I have a modest amount of good quality headphones (5) and each one brings their unique sound qualities that certainly bring their own strengths (and yes, weaknesses), however I enjoy them all. If you asked me if I had to pick just 1, which would it be? I honestly couldn't tell you because each serves my personal mood or the type of music I crave at the moment.

As long as the headphone provides aural pleasure that's all that you should expect. Remember, ultimately it's the music that matters and so long as your headphones reproduce a sound that keeps your toes a tappin' then you have achieved what you are searching for. It might involve 2 or 3 headphones, maybe more, maybe less. That's up to you.

Feb 13, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #8,833 of 12,550
Received the CTH yesterday and was eager tot try it with the Ananda and Elear due to the lack of reviews about such mating, was worried about the Hybrid/Planar mating as well as the power ability of the CTH to drive the Ananda.
Although it's not fair to judge the CTH out of the box before the break-in period for either the amp or the tube but I was positively surprised. The sound came out smooth, rich and warm with full bass which I never thought the Ananda was capable of producing while also making the treble more polite. The mids were silky and it's where the tube effect shines and shows the most in a very pleasing way. No muddiness whatsoever in sound separation when it comes to busy tracks.
The Elear showed less tendency for coloration as it's warmer by nature than the Ananda but still the mids were pristine on the CTH.
Comfortable volume to drive the Ananda was at 3 and compared to the Violectric, the Violectric shows colder signature with ruthless SS attack and on demand dynamism with a toroidal power supply having power reserve on demand but was so afraid by the end of the comparison to love the cheap CTH and let the Violectric collect dust 😁😁😁
Still only 7 units in Amazon if anyone interested before some nasty plans comes to my mind about reducing this number 😎😎
Am sure it's the best spent $250 for any headphone setup.

Feb 13, 2021 at 2:24 AM Post #8,834 of 12,550
I am really tempted to go for a Hart Audio Cables system for my Focals and the Beyerdynamics, cause of the interchangeable connections.
Even if i really like my current custom Sky Audio cables.

Does anybody use a HACS with the Clears?

Feb 13, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #8,835 of 12,550
DC offset. ASR found their (Rupert Neve RNHP) review unit to have the same issue.
This was my concern that it was a DC offset issue.. Any cause for concern for damage to the clears or elegia? I have tried plugging in with volume all of the way down, different inputs selected, pretty much every combination and still there are some pretty loud / disturbing pops that occur. Doesn't sound like a 3.5mm aux jack insert like somebody mentioned above. Sounds more like a discharge of some sort

Users who are viewing this thread

Back