Focal Clear headphones
Feb 16, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #8,852 of 12,633
That's weird, OTL amps have high impedance correct?
Yes, correct. However, there is a large spike in the 60 hertz range with the Clears. Not noticeable to me at all, anytime. But the OTL, even though it’s higher impedance, my Felix audio can’t handle it if a recording is heavy in that 60 region. So far, its only been that one recording (Dave’s Pick’s Vol. 36 for those at home wondering).

Feb 16, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #8,856 of 12,633
wait wait wait, is this the headphones are you tking about?? just randomly found it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210216-161444_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210216-161444_Chrome.jpg
    608.3 KB · Views: 0
Feb 16, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #8,860 of 12,633
Here's the first Review that I could find, judging by his comments I think i'm better of with the old Clears.

https://majorhifi.com/focal-clear-mg-professional-review/
Now I wonder if the Clear Mg will sound different, meaning three different sounding Clears, which is really confusing...

Seems like the Mg Pro is really going for a ‘Pro’ sound and less of an audiophile enjoyment sound? But this is only one review.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #8,861 of 12,633
Now I wonder if the Clear Mg will sound different, meaning three different sounding Clears, which is really confusing...

Seems like the Mg Pro is really going for a ‘Pro’ sound and less of an audiophile enjoyment sound? But this is only one review.
If the regular clear mg sound different than mg pro, it will be interesting.
Just see the picture of regular clear mg. Looks like same color as stellia. Well, I would prefer this same color as celestee.
Anyways. If regular clear mg still sound the same as mg pro, I will get the pro.

Feb 16, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #8,862 of 12,633
Maybe I've gotten it all wrong, but on the previous gen Clears the Pro and non Pro was basically the same? Except the color/accessories.

So this time around the non Pro will actually have a different sound signature?

Feb 16, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #8,863 of 12,633
https://tidal.com/track/69464986

Please can anyone with Clears try this song and tell me if the subbass (starts 0:04) cause your Clears to clip? And if yes can you measure on what decibel?
Because on my Clears it clipped at medium volume (that subbass) and in servis they told me its normal to do, its "too loud for it" WHAT?! I dont believe this sh.it...Im pretty sure I have defective pair, but I need some evidence... crap... idk what do to.. please try it... thanks!

edit : even my 20$ overbaased sh.it bluetooth headphones doesnt clip on it

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #8,864 of 12,633
Maybe I've gotten it all wrong, but on the previous gen Clears the Pro and non Pro was basically the same? Except the color/accessories.

Yeah they were the same. Still no idea yet if the Pro and non-Pro will have different sound this time, but I guess if they do, it won't be much different (maybe a bit more bass, less treble for the regular Clear MG) since they are still essentially the same headphones. Or it could just come down to the reviewer overstating the studio aspect since the Clear Pro was unabashedly advertised as a studio headphone as well despite being the exact same thing as the normal Clear.

Feb 16, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #8,865 of 12,633

Yes, both previous regular and pro clears sound the same.
For current clear mg, I am just guessing based on only one review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back