Focal Clear headphones
Jan 1, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #8,356 of 12,651
Problem is that am living overseas and all my stuff is ordered through Amazon without any local representatives.

I see, that makes it a bit tricky indeed. Because if you bought it from a local shop, the shop should have given you a new unit or a refund if Focal could not fix it.

I am not sure how it works with ordering stuff with amazon, but best is to talk with Amazon customer service and see what the process is with faulty products ordered from Amazon.

Usually credit card companies offers protection for online purchases (which I assume you did when ordering from Amazon) and then they will do a chargeback if a product is faulty and the manufacturer will not offer a replacement or repair. So this is a possilbity worth checking out if Amazon customer service is being difficult.

Jan 1, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #8,358 of 12,651
I see, that makes it a bit tricky indeed. Because if you bought it from a local shop, the shop should have given you a new unit or a refund if Focal could not fix it.

I am not sure how it works with ordering stuff with amazon, but best is to talk with Amazon customer service and see what the process is with faulty products ordered from Amazon.

Usually credit card companies offers protection for online purchases (which I assume you did when ordering from Amazon) and then they will do a chargeback if a product is faulty and the manufacturer will not offer a replacement or repair. So this is a possilbity worth checking out if Amazon customer service is being difficult.
True but sometimes it’s easier to learn your lesson the hard way and let go 🥲

Jan 1, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #8,359 of 12,651
In fact I still have a half functioning can 🤪🤪🤪

Jan 1, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #8,360 of 12,651
And a nice upgraded Focal cable to serve as a replacement for the Ananda one.

Jan 1, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #8,361 of 12,651
True but sometimes it’s easier to learn your lesson the hard way and let go 🥲

Up to you.

If I was in your shoes, I would definitely try to sort this out with Amazon and as last resort do a chargeback via my credit card.

Anyway, hope you find a new headphone that will treat you better.

Jan 1, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #8,362 of 12,651
Up to you.

If I was in your shoes, I would definitely try to sort this out with Amazon and as last resort do a chargeback via my credit card.

Anyway, hope you find a new headphone that will treat you better.
Already tried the Amazon support but they routed me to the supplier who never responded

Jan 1, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #8,363 of 12,651
Already tried the Amazon support but they routed me to the supplier who never responded

That is why should never order something from Amazon in the first place. A good local shop will handle this on their side, you don't have to talk to companies like Focal yourself.

But this is a "Clear" case to me to go your credit card company and do a chargeback then.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #8,364 of 12,651
That is why should never order something from Amazon in the first place. A good local shop will handle this on their side, you don't have to talk to companies like Focal yourself.

But this is a "Clear" case to me to go your credit card company and do a chargeback then.
Will go this way 👍

Jan 1, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #8,366 of 12,651
This time I ordered my Ananda direct from Hifiman

Jan 2, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #8,367 of 12,651
Hello,

I isten a lot of rock music and I've got a question to the community: Is there anyone who compared the Audio Technica ATH-R70X to the Focal Clear? On Crinacle the R70x got an A, the Clear an A+. I'd like to know if the Clear is much better than the R70X or is the difference really very small? The clear costs 930 €, the R70x 270 €. It's no disadvantage to save some for other things to buy but if you say "you should take more money to buy the Clear if you can" I'll buy the more expensive one.

Jan 2, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #8,368 of 12,651
Asking this question in the Clear thread will get you a lot of ‘yes it is most definitely worth it’.
Asking this in the R70x thread will get you a lot of ‘nahh save your dough’.
The truth is only your ears can decide:)

Jan 2, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #8,369 of 12,651
Hello,

I isten a lot of rock music and I've got a question to the community: Is there anyone who compared the Audio Technica ATH-R70X to the Focal Clear? On Crinacle the R70x got an A, the Clear an A+. I'd like to know if the Clear is much better than the R70X or is the difference really very small? The clear costs 930 €, the R70x 270 €. It's no disadvantage to save some for other things to buy but if you say "you should take more money to buy the Clear if you can" I'll buy the more expensive one.
I had both at the same time. They are similar in a lot of ways, but Clears are more dynamic and punchy. Not that R70x’s are soft, it’s just that the Clears have faster transients making them sound crisp and snappy. The R70x’s are warmer sounding and the midrange is sweeter, more lush sounding, musical.

The R70x’s are a breakaway from the normal Audio-Technica house sound. They have really deep bass and are not upper midrange focused. So they don’t sound bright at all. Both headphones are very balanced. The Clears have more bite in their attack and the R70x’s are smoother. I think I liked the treble on the R70’s more. The Clears could sound etched with some metal music in comparison. Both are worthy of an audition as your ears will be the deciding factor, price aside.

Jan 3, 2021 at 4:14 AM Post #8,370 of 12,651
Switching from the Heresy to Magnius/Modius remedied the issues I had. Smoother experience now and the fatigue is mostly gone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back