Focal Clear headphones
Dec 27, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #8,326 of 12,651
The sad thing, it’s only a probably €10 defective coil which they refuse to replace leaving a $900 cans worthless and their reputation dragging in the mud
I won’t touch their headphones. I would love some stellias but way too much to spend with prob no support after warranty. Rather get audeze, rossen, beyer etc

Dec 27, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #8,327 of 12,651
I won’t touch their headphones. I would love some stellias but way too much to spend with prob no support after warranty. Rather get audeze, rossen, beyer etc
Exactly, am in fact bit worried about the QC of Hifiman although they definitely honor their warranty as am considering either the Ananda or Arya.
Audeze is a safer bet quality wise.

Dec 27, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #8,328 of 12,651
Exactly, am in fact bit worried about the QC of Hifiman although they definitely honor their warranty as am considering either the Ananda or Arya.
Audeze is a safer bet quality wise.
And additional info as well as i did research, some big japanese company like ATH and also sony cannot repair their headphone once warranty expired, they only did replace within 1 year in my country, its kindda bummer, i guess their policy then.. My friend had broken sony and ath cans, the companies refused to fix or repair them since they are out of warranty, but the failure rate is low however.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #8,329 of 12,651
And additional info as well as i did research, some big japanese company like ATH and also sony cannot repair their headphone once warranty expired, they only did replace within 1 year in my country, its kindda bummer, i guess their policy then.. My friend had broken sony and ath cans, the companies refused to fix or repair them since they are out of warranty, but the failure rate is low however.
In fact i owned several AKG & Senn cans for so ling without any issues, only the pads wearing after ling usage.
Problems could arise normally but Focal did admit a manufacturing defect for big batches which they chose to ignore as a least cost method. Definitely an idiot at the helm who clearly showed the management how to cut on expenses by ignoring manufacturing defects probably caused by another idiot in charge of the manufacturing process.

Dec 27, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #8,330 of 12,651
In fact i owned several AKG & Senn cans for so ling without any issues, only the pads wearing after ling usage.
Problems could arise normally but Focal did admit a manufacturing defect for big batches which they chose to ignore as a least cost method. Definitely an idiot at the helm who clearly showed the management how to cut on expenses by ignoring manufacturing defects probably caused by another idiot in charge of the manufacturing process.

Probably cost issue, yeah could be, they extend warranty though, as responsibility, i guess thats not enough for you, and too bad they ignoring you, mine not broken yet for almost 2 year heavy usage, so i cant comment much on their service myself. But from what i know you are right, hifiman or audeze are willing to fix their cans if they have problem (as long as you pay), even you bought it from unauthorized dealer AFAIK too.

I hope they listened now and improve their service.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #8,331 of 12,651
I really don’t mind paying for the defective coil to salvage my cans.
authorized dealer or not, it’s a Focal product which parts should be available for support purposes.

Dec 29, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #8,332 of 12,651
Hello guys I want to ask you if someone has the ifi idsd signature and the focal clear also.

I bought yesterday the signature and when I play in turbo gain the clear s after
12:30 o clock is clipping on the bassy tracks.
At the normal gain it's ok.

Is this ok..???
This happens because the extra power push the drivers to the limit..??

Dec 29, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #8,333 of 12,651
Hello guys I want to ask you if someone has the ifi idsd signature and the focal clear also.

I bought yesterday the signature and when I play in turbo gain the clear s after
12:30 o clock is clipping on the bassy tracks.
At the normal gain it's ok.

Is this ok..???
This happens because the extra power push the drivers to the limit..??
Yes, and the focal clears are quite efficient (have high sensitivity: 110.6 dB per volt input) and have a medium impedance (55 ohms). Use the “normal” gain for the clears and “turbo” gain for headphones like the Beyerdynamic DT880 (with 101.5 dB per volt and up to 600 ohms).

Dec 29, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #8,334 of 12,651
Yes, and the focal clears are quite efficient (have high sensitivity: 110.6 dB per volt input) and have a medium impedance (55 ohms). Use the “normal” gain for the clears and “turbo” gain for headphones like the Beyerdynamic DT880 (with 101.5 dB per volt and up to 600 ohms).
Ok thanks for your help.

Dec 31, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #8,335 of 12,651
Not sure if anyone else had a similar issue, but I've been dealing with a lot of fatigue/pain with the Clears with a Schiit Heresy/Modi 3. First few weeks it was running flawlessly and sounded amazing, then out of the blue I started getting pain in my ears. Tried running the Clears directly off my motherboard today and the issue went away. I didn't have this issue with any other headphone pairing with the Heresy.

Dec 31, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #8,336 of 12,651
Not sure if anyone else had a similar issue, but I've been dealing with a lot of fatigue/pain with the Clears with a Schiit Heresy/Modi 3. First few weeks it was running flawlessly and sounded amazing, then out of the blue I started getting pain in my ears. Tried running the Clears directly off my motherboard today and the issue went away. I didn't have this issue with any other headphone pairing with the Heresy.
Try the Heresy with a different cans first.

Dec 31, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #8,337 of 12,651
The sad thing, it’s only a probably €10 defective coil which they refuse to replace leaving a $900 cans worthless and their reputation dragging in the mud
That sucks. My Clear comes up on 2 years in March, so no more warranty, I guess.

This is why I love Beyerdynamic. Recently the cable of mine broke. Hit their website, order a new one for 12€, 2 days of shipping and 10 minutes of soldering fun later: Cans come back to life as if nothing happened.

Jan 1, 2021 at 1:06 AM Post #8,338 of 12,651
Try the Heresy with a different cans first.

Didn't have any issues with my other cans with the Heresy. Issue is purely with this combo at the moment. I'm more inclined to think the amp/dac is the problem though.

Jan 1, 2021 at 2:22 AM Post #8,339 of 12,651
That sucks. My Clear comes up on 2 years in March, so no more warranty, I guess.

This is why I love Beyerdynamic. Recently the cable of mine broke. Hit their website, order a new one for 12€, 2 days of shipping and 10 minutes of soldering fun later: Cans come back to life as if nothing happened.
It’s German vs French strategy but to be fair french are good when it comes to cheese.
Happy New Year 🎆

Jan 1, 2021 at 2:24 AM Post #8,340 of 12,651
Didn't have any issues with my other cans with the Heresy. Issue is purely with this combo at the moment. I'm more inclined to think the amp/dac is the problem though.
If it used to work and suddenly it stopped means something went wrong on either side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back