Focal Clear headphones
Jun 19, 2020 at 2:40 AM Post #7,291 of 12,543
Congratulations on your purchase! :thumbsup: Have fun with the new and greetings to the other hemisphere!:beerchug:

Just ordered a Burson 3XP in Australia. It should now be on its way to the other side of the world!

I am looking forward to your listening impressions!

Jun 19, 2020 at 3:11 AM Post #7,293 of 12,543
Congratulations on your purchase! :thumbsup: Have fun with the new and greetings to the other hemisphere!:beerchug:

Just ordered a Burson 3XP in Australia. It should now be on its way to the other side of the world!

I am looking forward to your listening impressions!

Thanks! I'm waiting on an Icon Audio HP8 MII myself... 3 Weeks I'm told.

Jun 19, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #7,294 of 12,543
Pro tip. Don't listen to Peter Gabriel's Mercy Street (Remastered) unless you want to think you right driver is failing...

Jun 19, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #7,296 of 12,543
The problem I'm having is I had no idea the Audioengine HD6 could absolutely thump like this. The Jot is really something else. I guess the balanced Clear test will just have to wait, and to think: I got balanced gear because I got a Clear. :L3000:

Oh well +1 to the HD6's for responding so well to better a much better signal & amplification over a Magni, :relaxed: like they were used to. I'm hearing stuff in music I know so intimately (I thought) that its beyond cliche to say it, sorry lol.

I'm sure the Clears are patient and would want me to have a blast with my loudspeakers and rock the house, right?

IMG_1087.JPEG

Jun 19, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #7,297 of 12,543
@jaxtrauma Gratz! The Clear look great on the Focal stand. I'm running them balanced from my Mjolnir, they are lovin' it and so am I. :L3000: I must get a balanced DAC next, and/or a balanced preamp to switch between sources more easily. That Modius is all the rage now, must be doing something right. As the guy from Schiit put it "120 months of flavor of the month". Can't argue with that. :p

Jun 19, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #7,298 of 12,543
@jaxtrauma Gratz! The Clear look great on the Focal stand. I'm running them balanced from my Mjolnir, they are lovin' it and so am I. :L3000: I must get a balanced DAC next, and/or a balanced preamp to switch between sources more easily. That Modius is all the rage now, must be doing something right. As the guy from Schiit put it "120 months of flavor of the month". Can't argue with that. :p
Thank you very much! I can't tell you how much I'm digging the Jot with the Audioengines! I was in a hurry to try the Clear balanced, but Hell, good things come to those who wait :beyersmile:

Jun 19, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #7,299 of 12,543
OK this is it!
I'm diving in straight to balanced Clear-age! (sorry) :L3000:
I won't be back for a while lol!

But I will relate my experience as best I may.

IMG_1094.JPEG

Edit: I will remember to turn the volume down first!

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2020 at 2:24 AM Post #7,300 of 12,543
OK this is it!
I'm diving in straight to balanced Clear-age! (sorry) :L3000:
I won't be back for a while lol!

But I will relate my experience as best I may.

IMG_1094.JPEG
Edit: I will remember to turn the volume down first!

Love the focal stand. Wish it was a bit cheaper though....

Jun 20, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #7,301 of 12,543
So, Postman was there. Finally the LQi cable arrived from the USA. Took 3 weeks across the pond! Probably went by sailboat! But it worked. Your weird US-Post is definitely not the fastest! :relaxed:

Cable makes a very good impression, I like it very much. Extremely flexible, not at all stubborn. Very pleasant. I also like quality, couldn't find anything that doesn't fit. Everything very cleanly processed. Nice is that you can order different colours at LQi. So it fits perfectly to Prof. :thumbsup:

Sound finally balanced on the iCan. Balanced, the Clear blossoms once again. Must hear even more, but so far absolutely convincing!

I can therefore highly recommend the cables from LQi if someone wants to change or needs a replacement.

https://lqicables.com/products/esprit-up-occ-silver-plated-copper

IMG_0178.jpeg
IMG_0179.jpeg

Jun 20, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #7,304 of 12,543
Are those connecters TR or TRS? Hard to see in the photo.

Don't know, don't even know what the difference is, maybe the detail photo will help you better.

IMG_0180.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back