Focal Clear headphones
Jun 22, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #7,321 of 12,550
Anyone have a kinda creaky headband? Is this a thing? I had a rattle in one ear cup on these and now sometimes when I turn my head the headband makes a click noise. Maybe it just needs to break in with some use?

Jun 22, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #7,322 of 12,550
Nah it's normal, when i have Clears after 200h+ i have it too but only when i put them on my head, when i played music they are dead silenced.

Jun 22, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #7,324 of 12,550
Anyone have a kinda creaky headband? Is this a thing? I had a rattle in one ear cup on these and now sometimes when I turn my head the headband makes a click noise. Maybe it just needs to break in with some use?
I have that weird rattle in one cup as well. Doesn't affect the sound at all.

Jun 22, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #7,327 of 12,550
Yeah, it felt like I could open it up and find a screw rolling around. It never created a problem with sound in use though
Seems like something beyond a loose screw.
When I hold the cup tight a certain way, the rattle goes away.

Jun 23, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #7,330 of 12,550
Seems like the Focal Clears have a history of issues with failed drivers, rattling in the cups and the head and ear pads getting dirty very quickly while not withstanding pad cleaning very well (not good considering new pads are going to cost $200 U.S.).
Come on Focal, not what a pricey headphone is supposed to be like!

Jun 23, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #7,333 of 12,550
Seems like the Focal Clears have a history of issues with failed drivers, rattling in the cups and the head and ear pads getting dirty very quickly while not withstanding pad cleaning very well (not good considering new pads are going to cost $200 U.S.).
Come on Focal, not what a pricey headphone is supposed to be like!

Never heard too - Can you please send a link to that history of failed drivers? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back