Focal Clear headphones
Jul 18, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #11,896 of 12,651
My pads look so dirty already...
I did buy a headband cover though. I also bought a Very expensive set of Dekoni pads, which are much more practical. Unfortunately I love the feel and sound of the originals, so I will wear them until they go real dark. Then whip out the Dekoni's.
20230320_151708_HDR~2.jpg
20230322_131340~2.jpg
That headband is really nice and a total must for every Focal HP. The problem with the pads is that aftermarket pads changes the FR and that's not the best, specially if you are used to EQ with the stock pads.
Anyways, it doesn't matter if pads are dirty as long as they keep a decent shape.

Jul 18, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #11,897 of 12,651
read that the clear pro is a little less defined than the clear, which one of you has had both?
That's not true at all.
I've owned both at the same time and they are exactly the same. Of course unit variations are a thing among all HPs, so those impression might come from people that have tried 2 units with bigger unit variation than usual.

Jul 18, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #11,899 of 12,651
thanks, i completely understand, so i go easy on the pro, in my opinion the sonic differences they describe are pure marketing
It isn't marketing. Focal made a statement saying that the differences were just in the colour and accesories, which are oriented towards studio use.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #11,900 of 12,651
thanks, i completely understand, so i go easy on the pro, in my opinion the sonic differences they describe are pure marketing
Both are the same headphone. I own the pro and the main reason I bought them at the time was the colour and the extra set of earpads. Cables are not great, same as the original Clear version. If you find a great deal and comparable to the current OG deals, I would think about it.

Jul 19, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #11,902 of 12,651
please give me some advice, i bought some clear professional and i realized that they are not clear MG pro but only clear Professionel, they don't have the honeycomb driver panel, are the professional inferior than the MG professional?

Jul 19, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #11,903 of 12,651
please give me some advice, i bought some clear professional and i realized that they are not clear MG pro but only clear Professionel, they don't have the honeycomb driver panel, are the professional inferior than the MG professional?
The Focal Listen Professional is a much cheaper, folding headphone.
They are NOT the Clear's.

Do you have an original Clear Pro? It would have two sets of red pads and an accordion type cable.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #11,905 of 12,651
there are 2 models: focal clear MG professional and focal clear professional, I took the second one without the MG writing, how is the sound performance lower?
pro.jpg

mg.jpg

Jul 19, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #11,906 of 12,651
there are 2 models: focal clear MG professional and focal clear professional, I took the second one without the MG writing, how is the sound performance lower?
pro.jpg
mg.jpg
It is not lower, just different. He prefers the OG, as do I.

Jul 19, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #11,907 of 12,651
pro.jpg
mg.jpg
None of them is lower in terms of performance. They both are very good in terms of technicalities.

The MG is warmer and darker overall except for the air region. I find the MG too muddy and muffled in the treble for my taste, but some people prefer that kind of tuning.

Jul 19, 2023 at 8:34 PM Post #11,908 of 12,651
There are two generations of the Focal Clear headphone:

1) Focal Clear and Clear Pro (commonly referred to as "OG" (for "Original Gangsta"))
2) Focal Clear Mg and Clear Mg Pro (commonly referred to as "Mg", for the update to the driver material)

The "OG" and OG Pro are identical aside from color variants and the accessories in the box
The "Mg" and "Mg Pro" are identical aside from the color variants and the accessories in the box

The OG and Mg vary in sound due to different materials in the driver and different tuning.

I hope this clears things up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back