Focal Clear headphones
Dec 25, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #1,114 of 12,550
Only Tyll could make me consider buying ANOTHER Focal headphone. Not a fan of the color though. At least that’s my excuse for not wanting to get it.

Dec 25, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #1,116 of 12,550
Nice review from Tyll. He is genuinely enthusiastic about Clear and it really deserves. Its fantastic, mostly after settling down its own character

Dec 25, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #1,117 of 12,550
Mr Hertsen says he is considering replacing Focal Utopia and/or Elear from the Innerfidelity wall of fame with Clear. Soundwise I personally think Utopia is way above the Clear no contest. As for Elear I don’t know how it got into the wall or how it stayed there so long.

Dec 25, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #1,118 of 12,550
Anyone tried Clear with Audio GD R2R 11? Is it a good match?

I have the nfb11 and i can say that it pairs rather well, i could do with a tiny bit smoother sound and i know that is exactely what the r2r offers!

So i would definately recommend the pairing, except if you're thinking about going balanced, then you should look at the nfb 28 which should be a big step up.

Dec 25, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #1,119 of 12,550
Mr Hertsen says he is considering replacing Focal Utopia and/or Elear from the Innerfidelity wall of fame with Clear. Soundwise I personally think Utopia is way above the Clear no contest. As for Elear I don’t know how it got into the wall or how it stayed there so long.
Most definitely the Utopia is way above the Clear . Unfortunately only for the first fifteen minutes. Then the fatiguing nature of the Utopias kicks in. Then from minute 16 + the Clear shines.

Dec 25, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #1,121 of 12,550
I have the nfb11 and i can say that it pairs rather well, i could do with a tiny bit smoother sound and i know that is exactely what the r2r offers!

So i would definately recommend the pairing, except if you're thinking about going balanced, then you should look at the nfb 28 which should be a big step up.

Thanks. My R2R 11 should be here this week and hope to get Clear soon. I would definitely like to try out balanced in future and will be looking into nfb 28, jotunheim or CMA400I at that time. But for now this should be enough to satisfy my audio hunger.

Dec 25, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #1,123 of 12,550
Most definitely the Utopia is way above the Clear . Unfortunately only for the first fifteen minutes. Then the fatiguing nature of the Utopias kicks in. Then from minute 16 + the Clear shines.

Agreed re the Utopia sound quality but I can manage a lot more than 15 minutes with them. I, do, however, know exactly what you mean. With the Clears you just don't get that issue.

Dec 25, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #1,124 of 12,550
i'

I'm sending my Clears back soon, and upgrading to the Utopia. I kind of want that in your face sound the Utopia will provide, due to the fact I need stuff loud. The Clear is awesome, it really is. But with my Rap music, I can't play as loud as I want because of that little crackle noise I get once in a while.

That's just with rap music and a very small amount of Trance/Techno. Rock and other genres rock on the Clear, I'm just hard to please for a long time without finding something that is bothering me and moving onto something new. I have to be Bi-polar awesome or something.

Wait for Lady Diana before jumping to the Utopia. :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back