Focal Clear headphones
Jan 31, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #8,671 of 12,651
Are you looking for a balanced cable or single ended? I have a couple spare cables. A Periapt single ended cable and a Venus Audio balanced cable. Pm me if interested. These cables won't break the bank either lol.
please can you give me advice for cabel upgrade to focal clear? thanks...

and.. also.. as this is my first experience with this cable (i mean the cable i can plug and unplug from headphones) HOW DO I SEARCH THIS KIND OF CABLE on Google, or in shops?.. its like.. "Y shaped headphone cable"... or how? thanks!

Jan 31, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #8,672 of 12,651

and.. also.. as this is my first experience with this cable (i mean the cable i can plug and unplug from headphones) HOW DO I SEARCH THIS KIND OF CABLE on Google, or in shops?.. its like.. "Y shaped headphone cable"... or how? thanks!
check as well this company, it's closer to you:
https://www.thomann.de/gb/cables_and_plugs.html

Jan 31, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #8,674 of 12,651
AM thinking of trying some home made hybrid setup consisting of a mid-tier tube pre-amp feeding my Violectric SS, this way I will get the Tube signature while still keeping the power off the SS to drive both my Elear and Ananda. Normally Tube amps performs poorly with Planars
My Clears perform OUTSTANDING with my Feliks Audio OTL Amp Espressivo. Please note I can only turn the volume knob to 9-10 O'clock. Very satisfied indeed.

Jan 31, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #8,675 of 12,651
il happy lil sad survive
No problem playing this tune. When I first received my Clears I had the clipping issue, but after about 4 hours burn in, it was gone and has never returned. I listen at levels between 75db and 85 db tops.

Jan 31, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #8,676 of 12,651

I have Moon Audio Black Dragon. Nice upgrade from the stock cable. Tightened up the bass a bit, and seems to have increased the soundstage a bit. Remember, all changes from the stock cable are minimal, but definitely an improvement in my opinion.

Jan 31, 2021 at 10:33 PM Post #8,677 of 12,651
Thinking about the Arctic Cable as i heard some praise to them!

I purchased 1 Arctic cable. I wasn’t impressed enough to buy another. the sheath separated at the splitter. I’ve been buying LQI cables for a few years and really like them. I can’t hear any difference between stock and aftermarket cables, but I prefer braided, flexible, non micro phonic, and high quality hardware which LQI delivers. They’re not cheap though at around $160-$200

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #8,678 of 12,651
Magnesium driver will be interesting. Magnesium should be lighter than a Mg-Al alloy and less difficult to work with than Be. Definitely looking forward to whatever they come up with.

I haven't had issues with the stock Clear cable, but I did have issues with Elex cables which are nearly identical in build, and my Utopia cable fell apart on me fairly quickly. It's safe to say, I think, that Focal isn't the best when it comes to cables.

Feb 1, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #8,679 of 12,651
I have to agree with your assessment of the Clear with the Dekoni Velour. It really does balance these cans. The bass is ridiculous now. Imaging has improved. Totally on board with the Dekonis.
Current owner of the Focal Clear, Hifiman HE1000v1, ZMF Eikon, previously owned the ZMF Atticus and Auteur.
Yes, the Clears/Arya/ZMF's are all a stepup from the HD6XX and Sundara.

The Clears with the Dekoni velour solids have the closest to perfect balance (to my tastes) I've ever heard; therefore, I suggest you buy the Focal Clear Pro and the aforementioned Dekoni's to get the best look and sound combo, that way if you have to sell you'll have to untouched pads to sell with.
According to the Hifiman, the Arya and HEKv1 w/ v2 pads are the same headphone; if that's true then the Arya and Clear are equal, just a matter of preference. The HEK has a wider soundstage and a more laid back sound, whereas the Clear is more focused, dynamic and bass forward. Their both relatively genre agnostic but very mood dependent. If you like to rock out every time you listen to music, the Clears are a better choice. If you're always laidback, the Arya might be a better choice.
All the ZMF's I've owned sound more natural and "correct" timbre wise than either the Clear or the HEK. The main advantage of ZMF headphones is the build quality, their affinity for tube amps and the pad rolling capabilities. Get three different ZMF pads and one headphone for three completely different sonic vibes.

No wrong choices in the group imo, the most important question is what genres do you listen to and whats your current amp/source system?

Feb 1, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #8,683 of 12,651
Feb 1, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #8,684 of 12,651
fk.. i just ordered it in fast pace and it billed me 89.99$ because 49.99$ is product and 50$ shipping to Czech rep..... how sad xd

ed: i just wanted to try it... now i just hope it will actualy sound better to my ears :D
You could have checked at few hifi store in Prague, i believe there is one in Chodov shopping mall and 2 others 440 Audio in
Staré Město and AW Audio in
Vítkova 91

Feb 1, 2021 at 7:28 PM Post #8,685 of 12,651

Users who are viewing this thread

Back