Focal Clear headphones
Jan 31, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #8,656 of 12,605
I do hear some people suggest that the Clear can be a bit too aggressive sounding, I think that’s my only thing holding me back right now. I like fun and engaging sounds but also don’t want to be fatigued!

Order from headphones.com and return it if you don't like them. 1 year return period.

Jan 31, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #8,658 of 12,605
unknown.png

focal sux at not leaking they stuff

Jan 31, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #8,659 of 12,605
Depends on what one considers aggressive.
I don't find them aggressive at all.

Everything with the exception of the Edition X ,HD650 were way more aggressive cans.
HE500
HE560
HD700
HD800

The Clear walk the line beautifully without ever making me wince or getting silibant. They're bold , robust, insane dynamic swings without EVER getting smeared during complex passages. Everything about them spells realism. They emote better than any can I've owned. I've had mine for just over a year now and really have no desire to get something different.
The only other can I'm remotely interested in is a Susvara which I was saving for. Instead I'm going to solidify my rig with a Gumby or possibly a Yggy. I'm that content with the Clears.

I do hear some people suggest that the Clear can be a bit too aggressive sounding, I think that’s my only thing holding me back right now. I like fun and engaging sounds but also don’t want to be fatigued!

Jan 31, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #8,662 of 12,605
unknown.png

focal sux at not leaking they stuff
There's also another new headphone with Magnesium just before this one is shown, 12 seconds into the Celestee video
I'm intrigued by the badge and the cup. My pros do not have the "Mg" between the "Clear Professional" or the octagon grill pattern. Was this the prototype or new rendition? I actually like the look of the grill lol
It's from the Celestee reveal video, 12 seconds in shows a new gold Magnesium headphone, and 13 seconds in shows this one

Jan 31, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #8,666 of 12,605
ARYAAAAAA :xf_cool:

Jan 31, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #8,668 of 12,605
Yeah Arya is the other one I’m considering, but a little more expensive and I think the Clear being easier to drive would be beneficial. I’m picturing days sitting on my balcony with a Clear and my DAP.

I also do prefer a more bass-focused approach which the Clear has.
if you have a tube amp, forget about planars, The Clear would be a better option in this case.

Jan 31, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #8,669 of 12,605
please can you give me advice for cabel upgrade to focal clear? thanks...

and.. also.. as this is my first experience with this cable (i mean the cable i can plug and unplug from headphones) HOW DO I SEARCH THIS KIND OF CABLE on Google, or in shops?.. its like.. "Y shaped headphone cable"... or how? thanks!

Jan 31, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #8,670 of 12,605
please can you give me advice for cabel upgrade to focal clear? thanks...

and.. also.. as this is my first experience with this cable (i mean the cable i can plug and unplug from headphones) HOW DO I SEARCH THIS KIND OF CABLE on Google, or in shops?.. its like.. "Y shaped headphone cable"... or how? thanks!
It's normally a 1/4" or 3.5mm plug to 2x3.5mm (mono or stereo) plugs headphone cable. Anything with those plugs will do the job for a standard unbalanced cable eg:
https://corpsecable.com/products/10...r-elex-1-4in-plug?_pos=7&_sid=71fee0e75&_ss=r
or for balanced you choose XLR (4 pin) on the amp side eg:
https://corpsecable.com/products/10...ar-elex-4-pin-xlr?_pos=6&_sid=71fee0e75&_ss=r

Users who are viewing this thread

Back