Focal Clear headphones
Nov 15, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #591 of 12,550
Went from formerless aluminum to formerless copper, whatever that means.

Nov 15, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #593 of 12,550
Personally, I’d like to hear more about how they sound, but maybe that’s just me...

Nov 16, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #595 of 12,550
You want the first 90% of burn in to be what is known as piston memory. So yes just go easy and you’ll notice the open nature of the change which of course varies by headphone or speaker. When you hear them start to change that is the preferred time to start bringing the levels up,

Good to know, will follow the advice. Thanks for sharing

Nov 16, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #596 of 12,550
Personally, I’d like to hear more about how they sound, but maybe that’s just me...
Go and try to audition them somewhere, if Focal is your cup of tea, then you won't be disappointed.

Nov 16, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #597 of 12,550
Go and try to audition them somewhere, if Focal is your cup of tea, then you won't be disappointed.
Sadly, I’m out in the Hinterlands, there isn’t a Dealer in Lexington, or any where near.

Nov 16, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #598 of 12,550
Sadly, I’m out in the Hinterlands, there isn’t a Dealer in Lexington, or any where near.
That really sucks. It's hard to give an exact detailed explanation of the sound, because, only your ears will know if they sound good to you. :frowning2:

Nov 16, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #599 of 12,550
That really sucks. It's hard to give an exact detailed explanation of the sound, because, only your ears will know if they sound good to you. :frowning2:
What

You don’t have any of the Cans I’m most familiar with, HD800, LCD 3F, MrSpeakers Ether Flow, or Audeze iSine 20’s. If any on the Thrad have experience with those headphones please let me know how they compare. The other question I have is should I go for a Clear now, or continue saving for a Utopia (probably used)?

Nov 16, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #600 of 12,550
What

You don’t have any of the Cans I’m most familiar with, HD800, LCD 3F, MrSpeakers Ether Flow, or Audeze iSine 20’s. If any on the Thrad have experience with those headphones please let me know how they compare. The other question I have is should I go for a Clear now, or continue saving for a Utopia (probably used)?
Yes, I'm not that familiar with the sound on any of those you mentioned. I'm also in the same boat on upgrading to the Utopia, I have a personal problem with wanting the best available. Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of the Clear, but I don't want to miss out on anything with the Utopia.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back