Focal Bathys Hi-Fi Bluetooth & ANC Headphones: Early Impressions
Mar 9, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #811 of 1,708
bluetooth or wired connected bathys cant be similar to stellia.as im wrote all three focals celestee radiance stellia is far better vs bathys.

Stellia-my exclusive listening sessions and will have more input at that time. If you are looking for a excellent closed back and can afford the cost.. I listen to all genres and these headphones put there stamp on all of them. The bass is handled excellently with punch and clarity, my reggae tracks are much clearer and less muddy in the Stellia’s and the details are exactly. The highs, lows and mids sound equal with no mudding, which I’ve been looking for years. Clarity will cost you a good penny but if your ready and want a closed back go to, the Stellia’s are a good investment especially if you can get a discount.

These are great points - the Bathys, Radiance, and Stellia are all good choices, but what you want more out of your closed back Focal will be what decides a purchase.

Mar 11, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #813 of 1,708
Hi everyone - read through the various posts on the forum and appreciate the reviews and comments. All are informative and the information flows well. Question for anyone: in your opinion, are the Focal Bathys more dependent on the quality of the signal to perform like a true hi-fi headphone? Or does the Focal driver design suffice to deliver a great experience from a mediocre signal? (Just getting into this forum, please excuse of the question does not make any sense.)

Mar 11, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #814 of 1,708
Hi everyone - read through the various posts on the forum and appreciate the reviews and comments. All are informative and the information flows well. Question for anyone: in your opinion, are the Focal Bathys more dependent on the quality of the signal to perform like a true hi-fi headphone? Or does the Focal driver design suffice to deliver a great experience from a mediocre signal? (Just getting into this forum, please excuse of the question does not make any sense.)
it is best sounding wireless headphones along with hifiman anada bt.

Attachments

• 025E6194-5640-4929-8236-6B28127CD59B.jpeg
    025E6194-5640-4929-8236-6B28127CD59B.jpeg
    512.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 12, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #815 of 1,708
You will often read "crap in, crap out". So higher quality source files or better uncompressed will make a difference.
And I think many would consider the Bathys a true hifi headphone, at least in wired mode.
I would always recommend comparing and judging for yourself. Depending on your listening preferences and situation, a wireless headphone may just be the best option even if there might be wired headphones out there that are cheaper but still outperform the Bathys.

Mar 12, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #816 of 1,708
You will often read "crap in, crap out". So higher quality source files or better uncompressed will make a difference.
And I think many would consider the Bathys a true hifi headphone, at least in wired mode.
I would always recommend comparing and judging for yourself. Depending on your listening preferences and situation, a wireless headphone may just be the best option even if there might be wired headphones out there that are cheaper but still outperform the Bathys.
correct.i have beyerdynamic aventho wireless and it is superior sounding bt headphones.so good,that i keep it with bathys .tried beyerdynamic amiron wireless and way-aventho much much better sounds for my ears. amiron sold fast. also for last 11years used nokia BH-905 ANC. very very good sounding. still keep it too. so good,that have few pairs of BH-905 .one rare white color for wife.https://www.kenrockwell.com/audio/beyer/aventho.htm

Attachments

• A77F8192-0705-481C-B6AC-73935CD4A70E.jpeg
    A77F8192-0705-481C-B6AC-73935CD4A70E.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 893AEB9A-9F00-49EF-B9CE-BD4A012BCA85.jpeg
    893AEB9A-9F00-49EF-B9CE-BD4A012BCA85.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 8AF50068-E71B-4FB6-BDC4-3A5D58B067CC.jpeg
    8AF50068-E71B-4FB6-BDC4-3A5D58B067CC.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 8C332DC7-6EB7-49B9-BB9A-70D9827030C3.jpeg
    8C332DC7-6EB7-49B9-BB9A-70D9827030C3.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 7BBAA639-2CC6-40B5-BAF6-23147FB92FC7.jpeg
    7BBAA639-2CC6-40B5-BAF6-23147FB92FC7.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 15, 2023 at 3:04 AM Post #817 of 1,708
bluetooth or wired connected bathys cant be similar to stellia.as im wrote all three focals celestee radiance stellia is far better vs bathys.

Stellia-my exclusive listening sessions and will have more input at that time. ... , the Stellia’s are a good investment especially if you can get a discount.
Bathys and Stellia do have a similar sound. They're not the same by any means. Don't confused "volume/amplitude" for sound. That's about how much power is driving the speakers. The Bathys don't have as wide of sound stage, separation, and so forth, but they're in the "parking lot" of the Stellia.

I own the Stellia. I drive them with either the FiiO K9 Pro ESS or FiiO BTR5. Although, they sound good directly connected to the PC or phone with a 3.5mm cable; don't have the power or separation comparatively.

Mar 15, 2023 at 3:43 AM Post #818 of 1,708
Bathys and Stellia do have a similar sound. They're not the same by any means. Don't confused "volume/amplitude" for sound. That's about how much power is driving the speakers. The Bathys don't have as wide of sound stage, separation, and so forth, but they're in the "parking lot" of the Stellia.

I own the Stellia. I drive them with either the FiiO K9 Pro ESS or FiiO BTR5. Although, they sound good directly connected to the PC or phone with a 3.5mm cable; don't have the power or separation comparatively.
bathys and stellia have diferent sound. bathys is harman curve sound,stellia is neutral with bass boost. day and night. i have both. details,separation,soundstage etc.

Mar 15, 2023 at 8:23 AM Post #820 of 1,708
I use the Sennheiser BTD600 aptX transmitter with the Bathys on my work laptop and I am very happy with the sound. I use for music listening while working and teams calls. Need to disable the hands free driver in windows though! Noise cancelling is good enough for the office. My Sony's have stronger noise cancelling for bus/plane/train but the sound quality of the Bathys is much higher.

Mar 16, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #821 of 1,708
So quick question here: I moved back to Bathys from a short stint on the PX8, and I've noticed 2 things:
- This version of the Bathys has had some kind of in-life update as the case now contains pads to rest the earcups around (wasn't present on my earlier version)
- I was immediately prompted to update to FW 1.5.1, which I did. I now noticed that EQ presets can be changed without music playing, and the 'dynamic' preset now explains that it is close to the Harman target. Both were not present in my earlier set.

Is this recent? Can anybody chime in?

Mar 16, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #822 of 1,708
So quick question here: I moved back to Bathys from a short stint on the PX8, and I've noticed 2 things:
- This version of the Bathys has had some kind of in-life update as the case now contains pads to rest the earcups around (wasn't present on my earlier version)
- I was immediately prompted to update to FW 1.5.1, which I did. I now noticed that EQ presets can be changed without music playing, and the 'dynamic' preset now explains that it is close to the Harman target. Both were not present in my earlier set.

Is this recent? Can anybody chime in?
good job. im bought bathys too compared it to px8

Mar 16, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #823 of 1,708
Just checked and I'm upgrading to 1.5.1. Was on 1.4.2.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #825 of 1,708
What's your experience with the update? Mine is going at 1% per minute. The phone is connected via wireless at 500 mbs so It's not a bandwidth issue.

The app also states that it needs you to keep the device unlocked and the app can't stay in the background? That seems quite hard to do for an update that is going to take between 60 and 90 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back