Focal Bathys Hi-Fi Bluetooth & ANC Headphones: Early Impressions
Mar 18, 2023 at 5:32 AM Post #844 of 1,723
ananda better sounds and for clear ,thought
It’s an opinion and matter of personal taste. Let’s leave it as such though I don’t disagree. It’s brighter and feels more transparent compared to Bathys for sure, but requires silence and this headphones are solving that too ( to a point) so really let’s compare apples to apples

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #846 of 1,723
Purely personal preference but here are my settings. I find it extends the highs a bit more than the dynamic EQ with the bass and mid-bass about the same.

62Hz -2.5
250Hz -2.0
1kHz +1.5
4kHz +1.0
16kHz +2.5
does EQ settings works only when bathts connected via bluetooth to audio source . and not works if connected via usb to dac/amp ?

Mar 20, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #852 of 1,723
I've been on the new FW now for a few days, and have been listening to them a lot.
Previously, I missed some excitement in the otherwise excellent sound signature of the Bathys and that's why I was tempted to try the PX8.
PX8 did provide the excitement, but the rest of the signature just sounded a bit 'off' when I got past the exciting part of the sound signature or into more complex music.

I was a little bit worried about this when going Bathys last week, and was mentally prepared to trade in some excitement for an overall more cohesive and 'correct' sound signature. But I should not have worried; this latest FW, together with the new Harman-target focussed EQ preset, adds just that little excitement that the Focal needed to my ears. I have to admit that this comes from memories of the old sound signature as I got the new FW instantly after unboxing, so my observation might be a bit skewed.

Anybody else noticed something similar?

Mar 20, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #853 of 1,723
I've been on the new FW now for a few days, and have been listening to them a lot.
Previously, I missed some excitement in the otherwise excellent sound signature of the Bathys and that's why I was tempted to try the PX8.
PX8 did provide the excitement, but the rest of the signature just sounded a bit 'off' when I got past the exciting part of the sound signature or into more complex music.

I was a little bit worried about this when going Bathys last week, and was mentally prepared to trade in some excitement for an overall more cohesive and 'correct' sound signature. But I should not have worried; this latest FW, together with the new Harman-target focussed EQ preset, adds just that little excitement that the Focal needed to my ears. I have to admit that this comes from memories of the old sound signature as I got the new FW instantly after unboxing, so my observation might be a bit skewed.

Anybody else noticed something similar?
The sound of the Bathys itself was not altered. Just the new EQ.

Mar 20, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #855 of 1,723

Users who are viewing this thread

Back