Focal Bathys Hi-Fi Bluetooth & ANC Headphones: Early Impressions
Feb 2, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #781 of 1,721
I can vouch for that..purchased the audioquest forest thinking it would automatically work the headphones in dac mode…not a peep out of them. I also have a Hidizs LT02 which works perfectly but at only 4 inches long is inpracticle. Don’t know where to look next but the adapter you highlight may be the answer…cheers.
I have the Audioquest Cinnamon USB cable, and that works in DAC mode for me. Unless either your cable or the USB port on the Bathys are faulty the Forest cable will work.

Feb 9, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #785 of 1,721
Hey.
Has anyone checked and confirmed that the dsp does some Crossfeed?
Looking to buy the set for use as recording monitors, but not sure I can trust mic placement and channel balance if they crossfeed.
Tnx
Best regards
Espen Behrens

Feb 9, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #786 of 1,721
Feb 9, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #788 of 1,721
Hey.
Has anyone checked and confirmed that the dsp does some Crossfeed?
Looking to buy the set for use as recording monitors, but not sure I can trust mic placement and channel balance if they crossfeed.
Tnx
Best regards
Espen Behrens

I believe Resolve talks about this and measuring for this and found that they do not cross feed.

https://forum.headphones.com/t/foca...ellation-official-discussion-thread/18861/143

Yep, confirming that the Bathys does not have any crossfeed in its DSP.

@Resolve I'm sure can comment more if a deeper discussion is needed.

Feb 10, 2023 at 2:22 AM Post #791 of 1,721
Feb 22, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #793 of 1,721
Stock tuning on the Focal Bathys has always sounded a little under water for lack of a better way to describe it. Based on the kind of frequency response I like for the genres I tend to listen to mostly (Jazz, Blues, Acoustic, Orchestral, Classical, Classic Rock/Prog Rock) this EQ is just about perfect. The only thing I tend to change from time to time is reduce 62Hz by 1.0dB.

Attachments

• IMG_0563.jpg
    IMG_0563.jpg
    808.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Bathys EQ.jpg
    Bathys EQ.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 23, 2023 at 3:59 AM Post #794 of 1,721
Hi all,

New to the forum, and new Bathys owner.
I need some support on the wired option. When I connect the usb cable to my android phone and the Bathys (in DAC mode), I get confirmation the phones are connected, but no sound?

Anyone else having these issues who got it fixed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back