flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Nov 4, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #24,826 of 39,414
Nov 5, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #24,827 of 39,414
Charles loves Empire. Bought Spartan, Zeus, Phantom and Valkyrie all from him. Also Khan.
He definitely does lol
You sold all of them already right?
Btw I’ll be dropping by there this Saturday

Nov 5, 2020 at 3:11 AM Post #24,828 of 39,414
Hey, everyone! 'Super stoked to share the final entry in my FiR Audio's House of M review mini-series. This concluding chapter takes on the company's flagship M5, which I consider to be their most refined, precise and yet, musical piece yet. It includes comparisons against several of the industry's hottest tri-brid flagships as well, so please do give it a look, and, as always, I hope you enjoy. Cheers! :)

FiR Audio's House of M: The M5 - An In-Ear Monitor Review

FiR-M5-(S)-2.jpg

Nov 5, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #24,829 of 39,414
About time! :beerchug: Let me grab a cup of tea and my reading glasses...

Hey, everyone! 'Super stoked to share the final entry in my FiR Audio's House of M review mini-series. This concluding chapter takes on the company's flagship M5, which I consider to be their most refined, precise and yet, musical piece yet. It includes comparisons against several of the industry's hottest tri-brid flagships as well, so please do give it a look, and, as always, I hope you enjoy. Cheers! :)

Nov 5, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #24,830 of 39,414

Another excellent review Daniel!

Nov 5, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #24,832 of 39,414
hey @Deezel177 , can you list your top-5 (or top-3) (c)iems

which one would you keep if push comes to shove

now i know you need to be a diplomat (all totl iems are great etc) but indulge me and pick 3 which you think are the ones you would be most willing to spend your hard earned money

Nov 5, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #24,835 of 39,414

Been a while, but here is another review from me as well. Finally got my hands on some of Campfire Audio's IEMs, the Ara.

IMAGE_03.JPG
Excellent reviews guys! :)

Nov 5, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #24,836 of 39,414

Nice review. Tks.

Nov 5, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #24,837 of 39,414
Craft Ears Craft 6 Review. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always. :)
I must say that Craft Ears has a winner in the Craft 6. Such an engaging IEM. Highly recommended.

photo_2020-11-01_14-07-48.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #24,840 of 39,414
Excellent reviews guys! :)
Nice review. Tks.

Appreciate it, guys!

hey @Deezel177 , can you list your top-5 (or top-3) (c)iems

which one would you keep if push comes to shove

now i know you need to be a diplomat (all totl iems are great etc) but indulge me and pick 3 which you think are the ones you would be most willing to spend your hard earned money

Sure. These would be IEMs that I'd either consider essential for my work or fit best with my personal preferences (and the two often overlap). As I shouldn't have to state, but will anyway, I don't consider any of them the definitive, universal, "best" or "flawless" IEM; there isn't one, to be frank. These are just in-ears I’d consider essential for my circumstances at the moment; no more, no less.

Four on that list at the moment would be the 64 Audio A18t, JH Audio Layla, 64 Audio A18s and Vision Ears ELYSIUM. It’s funny you mention spending my hard-earned money, because I did buy the first two at retail. The A18s and Layla are in-ears I use numerous times a week for work, each serving separate functions that I’ve talked about in the past. And, the A18s specifically is where most of my recent audiophile listening has been spent as well.

The A18t, though a stellar monitor in almost all other respects too, has resonated with me especially for drumming. It’s, by a country mile, the best drumming IEM I’ve ever used (again, not that it’s just a drumming IEM, obviously). It lets me hear and analyze my playing infinitely better than anything else I’ve tried, and I’d consider it essential for performing or recording. And, the ELYSIUM is simply an IEM with a gorgeous, clear tone that I love listening to, even though I can’t personally use it for work.

The last gap I’d like to fill there would probably be a more coloured, fun-sounding IEM with a DD woofer. Something like the Legend X would be great here, though the FiR M5 I just reviewed could fit in there as well. It’d actually sit somewhere between the ELYSIUM and Legend X, though perhaps the custom’ll inch closer towards the latter category. Empire’s brand-new Odin is also a monitor that touches on each of the qualities mentioned above a bit, but I’d have to spend more time with it to confirm.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back