flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Oct 27, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #24,572 of 39,414
We all started from somewhere :p
For me, those days were Phonak PFE232, Custom Art Anzu, UM Mage, etc.
Good recommendation.

It's love I have for them... The best audio purchase I've made in 2020, and I've made a few good ones.

Oct 27, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #24,573 of 39,414
It's love I have for them... The best audio purchase I've made in 2020, and I've made a few good ones.
Ultimately, it is to enjoy the music.

Oct 28, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #24,577 of 39,414
Does anyone have any information on whether Jerry Harvey have any new models planned? I've been drooling over their CIEMs since forever now

Funny you should ask. They just announced a collaboration UIEM with L-Acoustics on IG 5 minutes ago. :D

C6CED37F-A6E3-4C68-9435-CD2046C6E210.jpeg

‘No news/teases from their CIEM front, unfortunately. I wonder what ever happened to that Janis tri-brid they were gonna launch a couple years back.

Oct 28, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #24,578 of 39,414
Does anyone have any information on whether Jerry Harvey have any new models planned? I've been drooling over their CIEMs since forever now
You better test drive as they may not be your taste. I took a dive on the Layla, but so far not overly impressed. And I had auditioned it. I think I fell in love with the Bocote Wood. Hopefully it will get better.

Oct 28, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #24,579 of 39,414
You better test drive as they may not be your taste. I took a dive on the Layla, but so far not overly impressed. And I had auditioned it. I think I fell in love with the Bocote Wood. Hopefully it will get better.
Always wanted to add a JH IEM to my collection but unable to as I am not a fan of their sound. Their IEM shells are incredible though. Hope there is a JH IEM in the future that can win me over in sound.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #24,580 of 39,414
I tried the Layla and I thought it was good but not really... jawdropping if that makes sense

Always wanted to add a JH IEM to my collection but unable to as I am not a fan of their sound. Their IEM shells are incredible.
Same I can’t even say that I dislike the sound, I just didn’t love it enough to justify jumping on a custom

Oct 28, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #24,581 of 39,414
I tried the Layla and I thought it was good but not really... jawdropping if that makes sense

Same I can’t even say that I dislike the sound, I just didn’t love it enough to justify jumping on a custom
Yea I feel you bro. The latest Silver Matrix design is amazing.

Oct 28, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #24,582 of 39,414
Yea I feel you bro. The latest Silver Matrix design is amazing.
Most of their special designs are some of the best looking on the market... one day one day

Oct 28, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #24,584 of 39,414
I still have my V1 Universal Layla(Got them when they were released) and I still give it some love from time to time, and they work really well with rock music.
but after getting the FitEar Monet17, it’s been my go to for rock/anime music. (Suyama-san really knows how make great IEMs without going ham on driver count)

The Layla was definitely the top back in 2015 but there are just way “better” alternatives out there.

Oct 28, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #24,585 of 39,414
Most of their special designs are some of the best looking on the market... one day one day
They’re one of the few companies that still make their CIEMs “old-school”, with molds. The UIEMs are 3D printed though. I guess they can’t use .stl files though.

Edit: Ignore this. It appears I am wrong.

My point was that they make very beautiful, unique, and customized IEMs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back