flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Nov 28, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #6,346 of 39,414
That has got to the most impossible website to navigate. I still have no idea where to find the headphones :confused:

Yea, its not an e-commerce website and a tricky one to navigate. Their website is for pure informational purpose. They have a brick & mortar store and all other purchases are done through phone or email.

Nov 28, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #6,347 of 39,414
That has got to the most impossible website to navigate. I still have no idea where to find the headphones :confused:
I clicked on the link and thought I got transported back to 1995.. I can swear I heard my wifi router going..

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #6,348 of 39,414
Always hated that sound...has a chalk on a blackboard sound to my ears.

Nov 28, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #6,349 of 39,414
i never made that connection in @flinkenick between year/number of ciems tried (17)

this is great correlation , as 2020 will be a great year to try 20 ciems

Nov 28, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #6,350 of 39,414
i never made that connection in @flinkenick between year/number of ciems tried (17)
And that after I spent all my last money on a design agency for this flyer :frowning2:

9635956_thumb.png

Nov 28, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #6,351 of 39,414
And that after I spent all my last money on a design agency for this flyer :frowning2:

I'll design a banner with a much more natural presentation, more accurate visual timbre, and far more realistic imaging and dynamic impact, in exchange for... 3 of your IEMs. Thank you and you're welcome!

Nov 28, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #6,352 of 39,414
I'll design a banner with a much more natural presentation, more accurate visual timbre, and far more realistic imaging and dynamic impact, in exchange for... 3 of your IEMs. Thank you and you're welcome!
My last money at the time was $27, so it didn't get me very far.

Nov 28, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #6,353 of 39,414
Nov 28, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #6,354 of 39,414
Should we take this as a sign?
I think yes. Work your magic Eagle! :thumbsup:

Ranking The Stars - flinkenick's 2018 Headphone Flagship Shootout
(ps. Please, I need donations for food, clothes and a clean cardboard box to live in.)
(pps. These headphones are expensive!)
(ppps. Not to mention the flippin' amps!)
This needs to happen, I'll gladly donate some of my cardboard boxes.

Haha, I was only asking because you said I'd like it and it can be driven by daps :D Maybe one day.
Nic may I give you a headphone suggestion too? :) You'll like it. Hehe.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #6,355 of 39,414
Since this is THE thread with the braintrust for CIEM i wanted to get some opinions from the ones more experienced with how a CIEM design will look "live"
For a VE8 i'm playing around with these configurations. Any feedback on what will work not only in the designer and look good?
The design is a "celebration" to two fav bands..
Myself i was set on (3) but then i started to play around with colors and wood.. Not sure how well the graphics will display on transparent color faceplates?

(1)

(2)

(3)

(4)

(5)

(6)

(7)
Am I late to the party? I'm partial to #7, the dark wood (wouldn't know the name) is elegant. #3 is very nice too. You like Muse? That "Bliss" looks like their typeface.
Btw nice 'phones you have, how would you describe the Utopia? Is it the reason you're selling the others?
Mention Utopia and I'll say it's an open-back that sounds most like an IEM because of the small soundstage. :p It's lightning fast, very lively and engaging, no doubt, great for IEM-heads who want to step into open cans for the first time. Jerry Harvey mentioned somewhere they're his favourite cans too, which is something bcos I think even Layla has a bigger stage size than Utopia :p My closed cans ZMF Eikon has a bigger stage than Utopia. And I'm willing to bet that the LCD-i4 will have a bigger stage size than Utopia, without actually hearing it first lol.

You can tell I don't like Utopia much haha. HD800S all the way baby!

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #6,356 of 39,414
Am I late to the party? I'm partial to #7, the dark wood (wouldn't know the name) is elegant. #3 is very nice too. You like Muse? That "Bliss" looks like their typeface.

Mention Utopia and I'll say it's an open-back that sounds most like an IEM because of the small soundstage. :p It's lightning fast, very lively and engaging, no doubt, great for IEM-heads who want to step into open cans for the first time. Jerry Harvey mentioned somewhere they're his favourite cans too, which is something bcos I think even Layla has a bigger stage size than Utopia :p My closed cans ZMF Eikon has a bigger stage than Utopia. And I'm willing to bet that the LCD-i4 will have a bigger stage size than Utopia, without actually hearing it first lol.

You can tell I don't like Utopia much haha. HD800S all the way baby!

Agreed. Very detailed and precise, but I would still pick up the HD800 over my Utopia for the soundstage. The Utopia sounds very IEM-like in terms of its soundstage.

Nov 29, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #6,357 of 39,414
Agreed. Very detailed and precise, but I would still pick up the HD800 over my Utopia for the soundstage. The Utopia sounds very IEM-like in terms of its soundstage.
Hey man howya been? Still digging that Abyss Pie?

Nov 29, 2017 at 5:04 AM Post #6,358 of 39,414
Am I late to the party? I'm partial to #7, the dark wood (wouldn't know the name) is elegant. #3 is very nice too. You like Muse? That "Bliss" looks like their typeface.!

thanks for the feedback.
Two ears and two all time favorite bands, the MUSE logo remade with the title of one of their songs.. and the violator Rose (enjoy the silence).
I actually have both of these logos as tatoos aswell :)

Nov 29, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #6,359 of 39,414
Maybe I should just get the i4 then hehe. Besides, getting Utopia might be the gateway to that HP shootout I should avoid at all costs :D

Nov 29, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #6,360 of 39,414
The shootout should be held once for every 4 years. We are hosting our own World Cup here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back