flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Feb 3, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #14,176 of 39,414
if you don't mind, I'd like to read. My Mandarin is limited but I do get by in Taiwan.

Also, In order for this post to not be considered off topic, I'll post pictures of my reshell design. I'm thinking of adding more Naga logos to it

basically gold flake with purple and orange-ish wood faceplate.
Should I add logos? keep in mind, these will have apex module cause it's an A12t
Lol I like to maintain my mild mannered facade.

Its just me but I feel that not having a logo makes the shell feel like its missing something. Plus the Naga logo does look pretty nice. Living dangerously, letting a third party mess with the innards of your precious :p

Feb 3, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #14,177 of 39,414
http://www.naga-audio.com/S12
https://m.facebook.com/MingoHeadpho...155510396251615/?type=3&source=57&__tn__=EH-R
So apparently Naga also makes iems. Their flagship 12 driver is in 4 low 4 mid 4 high config. I wonder how much they learn from reshelling Laylas. Doesn't look like they have particularly dramatic tubing like the treble for Layla

Hard to judge just by looking at the spec without hearing it first, but that S12 flagship model with 9.5 ohm low impedance and 120dB high sensitivity is asking for some serious hissing...

Feb 3, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #14,178 of 39,414
Yes. They also have a new one called the Sirius coming out soon.
Is this a hinting that you'll be reviewing these in the future perhaps Daniel? I wouldnt mind seeing more Chif TOTL stuff.

Feb 3, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #14,179 of 39,414
Is this a hinting that you'll be reviewing these in the future perhaps Daniel? I wouldnt mind seeing more Chif TOTL stuff.

To be fair, an IEM existing is already a hint that I'll be interested in reviewing it some time in the future. :D

Feb 4, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #14,181 of 39,414
Lol I like to maintain my mild mannered facade.

Its just me but I feel that not having a logo makes the shell feel like its missing something. Plus the Naga logo does look pretty nice. Living dangerously, letting a third party mess with the innards of your precious :p
Yeah, the guys at my local store told me, you should add logo. I didn't but the more I think about it, the more something just feels off without a logo. I quite like this logo so I might go with it on both sides.
De72yIIUEAE8FbS.jpeg
I'm just hoping the wood I chose is closer to gold in tone, though I doubt it. I've actually also been thinking, I'd really like an iem with a gold-plated wood face plate. that way I can get the trashy bling I want as well as the visual appeal of wood grain

Feb 4, 2019 at 12:33 AM Post #14,184 of 39,414
@pithyginger63
IMO silver goes more with lighter tones and gold with darker tones. Otherwise they start feeling pretentious to me.

Why dont you start a chifi company and buy other IEMs, reshell em and charge double the price of the original :p CHINESE INNOVATION

Feb 4, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #14,185 of 39,414
@pithyginger63
IMO silver goes more with lighter tones and gold with darker tones. Otherwise they start feeling pretentious to me.

Why dont you start a chifi company and buy other IEMs, reshell em and charge double the price of the original :p CHINESE INNOVATION
me: paints iem with vantablack

in all seriousness, I really have to agree. My original shells were black with gold logos. in my case for the new reshells, I'm just not a huge fan of silver and I have an insatiable thirst for gold (and I wanna see my iem drivers and also have wood and also risk my iems' safety)
and I also wanted them to remind me of this guy
avengers-infinity-war-directors-commentary-thanos-plan-plot-hole-double-universe-resources.jpg

Feb 4, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #14,186 of 39,414
I also wanted them to remind me of this guy
DO IT! SNAP YOUR FINGERS AND MAKE HALF OF THE MID-FI IEMS DISAPPER! The bad ones ofc.

I'm going a bit insane here cable rolling with Zeus. Everything sounds good, but each has their nuance depending on the track. Might just swap Leo II off between it and Phantom.

Feb 4, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #14,187 of 39,414
DO IT! SNAP YOUR FINGERS AND MAKE HALF OF THE MID-FI IEMS DISAPPER! The bad ones ofc.

I'm going a bit insane here cable rolling with Zeus. Everything sounds good, but each has their nuance depending on the track. Might just swap Leo II off between it and Phantom.
but random, dispassionate, fair to rich and poor alike
*snaps, half of totl disappears

Feb 4, 2019 at 2:08 AM Post #14,188 of 39,414
anyone else here like these ear canal logos?
My recommendation for CIEMs is to keep things simple and understated. Usually overly extravagant stuff you will get tired of it quickly. Just my two Sri Lankan rupees (I am on holiday there).

Feb 4, 2019 at 3:41 AM Post #14,189 of 39,414
My recommendation for CIEMs is to keep things simple and understated. Usually overly extravagant stuff you will get tired of it quickly. Just my two Sri Lankan rupees (I am on holiday there).
simplicity
Screenshot (297).png
I will take your advice to heart and decrease the number of logos I'm putting on my iems to 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back