flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Dec 11, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #13,321 of 39,414
Anyone heard of this?
mmexport1544587921995.jpg

Dec 12, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #13,322 of 39,414
Anyone heard of this?

I'd seen they were putting out a new triple driver (Diana), but not seen anything afoot the Janis. Unusual looking shape - reckon JH are climbing into the e-stat pool with everyone else?

EDIT: there is a cached page on the JH site for the Janis, but it is a half finished placeholder with text from their Roxanne page. Looks like something new is coming soon though!

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #13,324 of 39,414
Anyone heard of this?

I'd seen they were putting out a new triple driver (Diana), but not seen anything afoot the Janis. Unusual looking shape - reckon JH are climbing into the e-stat pool with everyone else?

EDIT: there is a cached page on the JH site for the Janis, but it is a half finished placeholder with text from their Roxanne page. Looks like something new is coming soon though!

I’ve heard rumblings of what’s inside it. If it’s what I think it is, electrostatic drivers won’t be the newest thing it’s got. But, that’s not to say e-stats may not be in there either. :wink:

Dec 12, 2018 at 4:41 AM Post #13,325 of 39,414
By the way, the Diana’s ergonomics are pretty great, and its sound is wonderfully unique as well. You’ll get to read my impressions of it and so much more - I really do mean SO much more - within the next week or two. Stay tuned. :p

Dec 12, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #13,326 of 39,414
Looks like you're busy @Deezel177 and stop the teasing, too many interesting releases and announcement these days... I should cold turkey off headfi 2019 is supposed to be the one IEM investment year :joy:

Dec 12, 2018 at 5:52 AM Post #13,327 of 39,414
Looks like you're busy @Deezel177 and stop the teasing, too many interesting releases and announcement these days... I should cold turkey off headfi 2019 is supposed to be the one IEM investment year :joy:

Don’t worry, I won’t necessarily be announcing anything new. But, the content you’ll see from me soon will be something I’ve never done before. Oh, am I teasing again? Please excuse me. :p

Dec 12, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #13,328 of 39,414
Anyone heard of this?
Interesting..it has been a while since I have owned a JH. I liked Angie and could never get a good seal with the Layla, too much like Frankenstein Bolts. I am curious to hear one of the latest by JH.

Dec 12, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #13,329 of 39,414
I think one TOTL investment a year still shows someone that has control....never seems to be just one though

Dec 12, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #13,330 of 39,414
I think one TOTL investment a year still shows someone that has control....never seems to be just one though

Yeah don't tell me about it... I could own a BMW electric scooter for all my 2018 audiophile spree spending :p

Dec 12, 2018 at 6:48 AM Post #13,331 of 39,414

That's what you are saying now about iem investment year :wink:, while 2019 also should shine the light on 40th anniversary edition Sony Walkman flagship and new A&K flagship, and not to forget the recent releases of Cayin N8 and Lotoo LPGT flagship daps :D

Dec 12, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #13,333 of 39,414
@Deezel177 - My uninformed guess: DOME dual dynamic for mids with BA support, small diameter planar for bass and e-stat for highs, with programmable crossover circuits/inbuilt DSP. Am I getting close?

Good to hear the Diana is a unique sound - been looking to pare down my IEM collection but have always fancied something to replace the Angie I had for ages - figuring the Janis will be well it if my price bracket if it's a new flagship. Care to give any more hints on general tuning / tonality?

Dec 12, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #13,334 of 39,414
@Deezel177 - My uninformed guess: DOME dual dynamic for mids with BA support, small diameter planar for bass and e-stat for highs, with programmable crossover circuits/inbuilt DSP. Am I getting close?

Good to hear the Diana is a unique sound - been looking to pare down my IEM collection but have always fancied something to replace the Angie I had for ages - figuring the Janis will be well it if my price bracket if it's a new flagship. Care to give any more hints on general tuning / tonality?

Well, I literally know only one thing about the Janis (if it’s even the same IEM I’ve been hearing about), so I can’t speak on its tuning. But, I can say you are getting warmer. :wink:

If what you meant by tuning/tonality was the Diana’s, I can say that it’s a warm-yet-articulate IEM with a beautifully wholesome lower-midrange. If your tastes are in grunge rock or any genre for that matter with phat guitars, tom-toms and male vocals, the Diana will absolutely shine. Higher-pitched instruments like woodwinds, female balladeers and violins may sound heavier than usual, but they have more than enough clarity and definition to suffice any listening scenario. A very gutsy, wholesome, bold signature with energy and sparkle to spare - they should’ve called it the Chaka Khan. :D

Dec 12, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #13,335 of 39,414
-BREAKING-

Janis, a truly intoxicating iem.

Jerry Harvey Audio is proud to introduce their greatest flagship, Janis, a soulful, intoxicating iem featuring 27 drivers with a price that would make you choke on your own vomit.
I don't know if I need any more sources of intoxication than I already have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back