flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Mar 13, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #8,086 of 39,419
I do not know guys the new VE is so ugly why are some of you so crazy about it? They did it just interesting. And the price just wow, I could never support company like 64Audio, VE etc..peace

Well,
I'm interested how they sound, and the multiple sound signatures.
I like to know the technology behind this iem, even if they would cost $8K.

at CanJam I tried the Sennheiser HE-1, that costs around $75k, not sure it's worth all that money, but the sound is amazing.

Mar 13, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #8,087 of 39,419
I do not know guys the new VE is so ugly why are some of you so crazy about it? They did it just interesting. And the price just wow, I could never support company like 64Audio, VE etc..peace
The new IEMs have not been shown yet. What you see is a prototype wrap. Plus, based on the VE8 I would say that Vision Ears knows their stuff and it will be very interesting to see and hear what they have come up with.

Mar 13, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #8,088 of 39,419
Bring it on!!
k0Ypd_s-200x150.gif

Mar 13, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #8,089 of 39,419
Same here, no budget and so nothing more to do than just relax. ...although, I must admit that new universal TOTL Vision Ears IEMs with multiple sound signatures does tickle me in all the right places. :D

Definitely... the VE8 has converted me into a believer in their magic, not to mention the amazing build quality. Still, 4K is bordering on insane pricing territory... now if the signature switch is really well done it could replace several IEMs theoretically but so far even good implementation of signature switch or filters I have owned have provided variations of the same signature not the equivalent of several IEMs and almost always I ended up using just one (that was the case for PFE232, SE846 and Velvet)

Mar 13, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #8,090 of 39,419
Definitely... the VE8 has converted me into a believer in their magic, not to mention the amazing build quality. Still, 4K is bordering on insane pricing territory... now if the signature switch is really well done it could replace several IEMs theoretically but so far even good implementation of signature switch or filters I have owned have provided variations of the same signature not the equivalent of several IEMs and almost always I ended up using just one (that was the case for PFE232, SE846 and Velvet)
The VE8 were amazing when I demoed them and I also absolutely loved the VE5, especially with Lionheart paired with them, which is why it was interesting to note that the cable on the new ones seems to be something from EA. But yeah, the VE8 were already above my budget and I just bought the Phantom, so no way the new ones will be within reach if the price turns out to be accurate. Still really interesting though! :D

Mar 13, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #8,091 of 39,419
Maybe they have taken the 8 drivers from the VE8, the 5 drivers from the 5, stuffed then I'm one casing with a whole mess of crossovers and rigged it to replicate the signatures of the 8, 6 (x2), 5 and one of the entry level models? One entire range in one IEM shell... :wink:

Mar 13, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #8,092 of 39,419
Maybe they have taken the 8 drivers from the VE8, the 5 drivers from the 5, stuffed then I'm one casing with a whole mess of crossovers and rigged it to replicate the signatures of the 8, 6 (x2), 5 and one of the entry level models? One entire range in one IEM shell... :wink:
Ooh, I don't even want to think about a VE8/VE5 Frankenstein IEM... *drools* :sweat_smile:

Mar 13, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #8,093 of 39,419
The VE8 were amazing when I demoed them and I also absolutely loved the VE5, especially with Lionheart paired with them, which is why it was interesting to note that the cable on the new ones seems to be something from EA. But yeah, the VE8 were already above my budget and I just bought the Phantom, so no way the new ones will be within reach if the price turns out to be accurate. Still really interesting though! :D

Funny you mention the LionHeart, mine arrives tomorrow :)
The Phantom is less expensive than the VE8 ? (BTW where is empireears new lineup ? Didn’t find it on the website)

Mar 13, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #8,094 of 39,419
The Phantom is less expensive than the VE8 ? (BTW where is empireears new lineup ? Didn’t find it on the website)

The Phantom costs USD 1799, which equates to about SGD 2699 - just over SGD 1000 cheaper than the VE8. According to Jack Vang, EE will be updating their website around Thursday or Friday, possibly. In the meantime, you can check out the article I wrote on their entire line-up with full prices and sound impressions: http://theheadphonelist.com/empire-ears-ep-x-launch-event-euphoria-audio-a-new-era/

Mar 13, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #8,095 of 39,419
Great! That was pretty quick, wasn't it?!

And yes, what @Deezel177 just said. :)

Mar 13, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #8,096 of 39,419
The Phantom costs USD 1799, which equates to about SGD 2699 - just over SGD 1000 cheaper than the VE8. According to Jack Vang, EE will be updating their website around Thursday or Friday, possibly. In the meantime, you can check out the article I wrote on their entire line-up with full prices and sound impressions: http://theheadphonelist.com/empire-ears-ep-x-launch-event-euphoria-audio-a-new-era/

Great and food for thoughts, I had read @flinkenick article from February but I’ll make sure to read yours as well :)

Great! That was pretty quick, wasn't it?!
And yes, what @Deezel177 just said. :)

Yes that was CRAZY quick!

Mar 13, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #8,097 of 39,419
I know it's hard to swallow the pricing of today's iems, but relative to the market I have to salute the pricing of the Phantom, Warbler, and SE5U! You can almost consider them bang for your buck iems in todays world of stratospheric pricing. IMO

Mar 13, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #8,098 of 39,419
Mar 13, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #8,099 of 39,419
I know it's hard to swallow the pricing of today's iems, but relative to the market I have to salute the pricing of the Phantom, Warbler, and SE5U! You can almost consider them bang for your buck iems in todays world of stratospheric pricing. IMO

Indeed... it will be the Phantom or the SE5U as far as I am concerned, the goal is to get a signature complimentary to the VE8.
I don't think I can go back to Universal now :p

Mar 13, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #8,100 of 39,419
WOW, what a great set up at EE's guys. Their whole new lineup has sounded GREAT at the Camjams etc..., however they aren't even broken in yet! I can't wait for my Phantom's. Got a pair of Bravado's for the wife today as I am blown away (at the price) for how enjoyable they are adn still how good they are. I played teh Sheffield drum record and felt they gave me so much of what my 2 channel gives me. The highs were not fatiguing at all and they sounded very open. Just a wonderful value in the higher end IEM market. The way they build these IEM;s/CIEM's blows me away. They need to do a video if they can, lol. Now I know why folks have told me that the quality is as good as it gets. Hope I haven't hijacked this thread, but I think it's all about any top IEM. Hope to get to hear some of the other TOTL IEM's on the market to compare, but after CamJam, I honestly felt very let down by so many of the other ones and that's why I'm so glad the Phantom CIEM's will be ready in the next few days. :)....

I"m a 2 channel guy with a very nice high end system. Thats' one reason I fell for the Phantom's. They were the best for me at CanJam and it wasn't close adn they weren't even close to broken in yet, so there's that too. Teh bass will be tons better as will the highs and even the mids. Then there's the whole CIEM issue that makes all of these sound better. Thanks for letting me play guys and gals. Love reading all of your thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back