flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Dec 15, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #6,916 of 39,414
Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #6,919 of 39,414
Since it lists only 7 drivers, I assume that will be either mistake on e-earphone side or something really unique.

I think it's unique technology on EE's side. My guess is, they're adding "alternative routes" for the audio signal to go. So, the crossover doesn't just separate the signal by frequency; it also does so by magnitude. But, of course, that's just my completely uninformed brain talking. :D

Dec 16, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #6,920 of 39,414
Aside from the Legend X, I also managed to find - Hong Kong company - HUM’s latest release: The Dolores.

798C833F-E9A2-4953-A13C-8D8AE4315EF9.png

HUM made a name for themselves with the 2-driver Pristine CIEM years ago, and then with their fantastic Hypno portable amp last year. They were one of the first proponents of low driver counts in the high-end (like Warbler is famous for now). Most have praised the Pristine for its neutrality and its transparency to both sources and cables. The Dolores is similarly a 2-driver CIEM, but significant internal changes have taken place as far as the pictures have shown. I look forward to demo units hitting MS’s shelves, and I see a TON of potential with how far this company seeks to go.

Dec 16, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #6,921 of 39,414
I ever tried Pristine once. It has bulky capacitor inside. So cool! Detail retrieval is better than I thought. In my memory, it is comparable to 6-12 multi BA. Thier DIY soldering wire is also good.

Dec 16, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #6,922 of 39,414
I ever tried Pristine once. It has bulky capacitor inside. So cool! Detail retrieval is better than I thought. In my memory, it is comparable to 6-12 multi BA. Thier DIY soldering wire is also good.

I’ve tried the Pristine multiple times too. The only thing preventing me from getting it is its subpar treble extension. I look forward to how they’ve addressed it in the Dolores.

Dec 16, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #6,923 of 39,414
i am very intrigued by the custom art F3 , someone told me that he thought it was more musical/enjoyable than Katana and we are talking here about a ciem that costs (on the presale at least) 420 euros :astonished:

i need more impressions of it , this looks like a great buy for someone not loaded (or eager to spend) enough to go for one of the top dogs like a18/zeus etc

Dec 16, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #6,925 of 39,414
i am very intrigued by the custom art F3 , someone told me that he thought it was more musical/enjoyable than Katana and we are talking here about a ciem that costs (on the presale at least) 420 euros :astonished:

i need more impressions of it , this looks like a great buy for someone not loaded (or eager to spend) enough to go for one of the top dogs like a18/zeus etc
Those will certainly come. @ostewart got the very first pair made, so he will have a review up as well as @Deezel177. Lots of interesting stuff coming, you just have to be patient. And to keep you occupied during the wait, here is some Star Wars for you to watch (courtesy of @Kerouac)...

Dec 16, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #6,930 of 39,414
In a little over 7 hours, I'll be watching the new Star Wars. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back