flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Nov 30, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #6,392 of 39,419
@Wyville
let's see if you find a gif with dogs and banana...
Challenge accepted!
GlisteningSnivelingChimneyswift-size_restricted.gif

Nov 30, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #6,395 of 39,419
so , any new se5 ult owners here ?

currently getting an itch to get it (a18 is too expensive for me)

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #6,396 of 39,419

:imp: I would say, just have a look! :imp:
:imp: Can't hurt checking the SE5U out, can it?! :imp:
:imp: You know, have a nice chat with them. :imp:
:imp: Maybe get some impressions made for them to have a look. :imp:
:imp: And maybe check out the A18 as well, just in case you can find a nice deal. :imp:
:imp: Hey @EagleWings! Duty calls! :imp:

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #6,397 of 39,419
:D In all seriousness, you'll learn more by the time my next review comes out; very intriguing stuff.
@Deezel177 AKA ''The Cliffhanger King'' :grin:
hang-in-there.gif

...So, who likes bananas?
I would say: ''Who doesn't?''
But hey, I'm an ape! :gorilla:
Now, if you only would have invested in bitcoins some years ago, you could have easily bought both (and lots of totl ciems on top of that) by now :wink:
:imp: I would say, just have a look! :imp:
:imp: Can't hurt checking the SE5U out, can it?! :imp:
:imp: You know, have a nice chat with them. :imp:
:imp: Maybe get some impressions made for them to have a look. :imp:
:imp: And maybe check out the A18 as well, just in case you can find a nice deal. :imp:
I can only imagine you guys on the other side of the internet like this :thinking:
giphy.gif

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #6,398 of 39,419

Oooh, do I smell fresh meat? @proedros may be a tough one though. He goes by facts. But I am surprised that he hasn't caved in already despite the fact that the IEM came 1st in shootouts of 2 reviewers he trusts. I guess what is holding him back is the fear that Gregorz might release a new IEM as soon as he gets the SE5U. From what I have heard about Gregorz, the dude doesn't release new IEMs just for the sake of refreshing his line-up. Makes me think that the SE5U was his masterpiece because the IEM made a couple IEM geniuses like average joe and tupac(jason) retire from the IEM game.

@Wyville , see what I did there?
tenor.gif

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #6,399 of 39,419
Oooh, do I smell fresh meat? @proedros may be a tough one though. He goes by facts. But I am surprised that he hasn't caved in already despite the fact that the IEM came 1st in shootouts of 2 reviewers he trusts. I guess what is holding him back is the fear that Gregorz might release a new IEM as soon as he gets the SE5U. From what I have heard about Gregorz, the dude doesn't release new IEMs just for the sake of refreshing his line-up. Makes me think that the SE5U was his masterpiece because the IEM made a couple IEM geniuses like average joe and tupac(jason) retire from the IEM game.

You are a true master of your craft! :D

Nov 30, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #6,400 of 39,419

giphy.gif

Nov 30, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #6,402 of 39,419
well to be honest, when i got Zeus some nice voices started saying to me :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: 'congrats, finally you have a top-10 (NT6) and a top-3 (zeus XR) ciem, now you can sop buying ciems - you are fine' :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:

and for a while this worked , it really did

but then some new voices started whispering in my ear :imp::imp::imp::imp: ''yes but don't you wanna try the no1 ciem so far here ? really don't ? '' :imp::imp::imp::imp:

so we are now at a crossroad - the only thing keeping me (besides the lack of those needed 1800 euros) is a fear that se5 may be too dark ? something is keeping me (in)sane

but in here , inception is the beginning and the end, so we'll see how this goes

Nov 30, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #6,403 of 39,419
In other news - if it isn’t a case of misinformed translation - does this signal the imminent release of an A10Tzar?

If that is the case then... Oh no... Get @EagleWings away from me! :fearful: Must resist temptation! :confounded:

Nov 30, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #6,404 of 39,419
well to be honest, when i got Zeus some nice voices started saying to me :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: 'congrats, finally you have a top-10 (NT6) and a top-3 (zeus XR) ciem, now you can sop buying ciems - you are fine' :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:

and for a while this worked , it really did

but then some new voices started whispering in my ear :imp::imp::imp::imp: ''yes but don't you wanna try the no1 ciem so far here ? really don't ? '' :imp::imp::imp::imp:

so we are now at a crossroad - the only thing keeping me (besides the lack of those needed 1800 euros) is a fear that se5 may be too dark ? something is keeping me (in)sane

but in here , inception is the beginning and the end, so we'll see how this goes

I’d suggest waiting until CanJam SG before you decide. There’s a plethora of products on the horizon and waiting ‘til then will give you the best shot at buying something without serious regret. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back