flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Nov 20, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #6,091 of 39,414
Nope. HiFiMAN seemingly wants nothing to do with me. Possibly all of THL, as well.

Or maybe I'm misinterpreting my current standing with them and the silence emitting from their end. :D
Oh dear! :D Well, it is their loss. As you say: "for good or ill" and they should not expect anything less.

Nov 21, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #6,092 of 39,414
Eric pulled me out of my review hibernation for this, hope it's worth it :)

http://theheadphonelist.com/effect-audio-horus/

Hor4.png

Nov 21, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #6,093 of 39,414
Eric pulled me out of my review hibernation for this, hope it's worth it :)

http://theheadphonelist.com/effect-audio-horus/

Another great read Nic!

I was just talking to Eric about Horus paired with the VE8, which he loves, but I seem to remember you were less enthusiastic about it a while back. Is that still the case? When I demoed the VE8 I felt (for some reason) the pairing would probably work really well, so I'm quite curious about your thoughts.

Nov 21, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #6,095 of 39,414
Another great read Nic!

I was just talking to Eric about Horus paired with the VE8, which he loves, but I seem to remember you were less enthusiastic about it a while back. Is that still the case? When I demoed the VE8 I felt (for some reason) the pairing would probably work really well, so I'm quite curious about your thoughts.
Thanks Erik! When I first got Horus Eric sent it terminated in 2.5 trrs, but I never use the balanced output on my AK so I wasn't familiar with its sound. When I returned it and got the production version I asked for it to be reterminated to regular 3.5 trs. The sound was a bit different out of the regular output, so I had to get accustomed again. Anyways, long story short I hadn't listened to VE8 paired with Horus on regular output yet, and just took it out for a spin :) I was fearing VE8 would lose its characteristic sound and become a bit too neutral, but it still sounds bodied and engaging. With Zen it is a bit warmer and more natural-sounding perhaps, with Horus it is more clear, but nice and tingly :D
tia Trio!
Seems a bit random, but loving the enthusiasm regardless buddy.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #6,097 of 39,414
(I can post more pics of Ozzie in his cone...actually, my daughter is coming home with her 6 month old mini labradoodle, she's really cute).

Nov 21, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #6,099 of 39,414
The lack of dog gif's from the past few days is disturbing to say the least.
Dogs are so cool! They can even make drinking bottled water look cool...
giphy.gif

...where some people just do not succeed at, no matter how hard they try :wink:
giphy.gif

Nov 21, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #6,100 of 39,414
Haahahahaha!

Nov 21, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #6,102 of 39,414
Funniest thing I've seen on Head-fi in a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back