flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Feb 8, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #571 of 39,419
Lol, the only thing to read is that there is no relationship between drivers and rank you can forget the rest :D

Which is really no surprise. As they say, it's not the size that counts but how you use it!

I bet the regression for price/apparent sq is just nonsense.

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #574 of 39,419

man you are too smart for indie rock like Beck , i think you better start listening some King Crimson / electric miles davis 70s period etc

you really burned me here

How about some metal? So much incredible metal being made now and I don't mean power/glam/hair metal.  That isn't metal.  I mean Black, Death, Doom, Stoner and Sludge and every combination between.

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #576 of 39,419

How about some metal? So much incredible metal being made now and I don't mean power/glam/hair metal.  That isn't metal.  I mean Black, Death, Doom, Stoner and Sludge and every combination between.

no offense but with a few exceptions (meshuggah/animals as leaders being the first that come to mind) i find most metal music boring and not so 'smart' in time signatures etc

also , i find it boring as in terms of loudness - plus i don't get Nic to be the metal/headbanging kind of guy

even when i was young (17-18) metal never clicked me, let alone now which i am 25 years older and 2000% smarter 

and this is just my personal taste here ofc

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #577 of 39,419

no offense but with a few exceptions (meshuggah/animals as leaders being the first that come to mind) i find most metal music boring and not so 'smart' in time signatures etc

also , i find it boring as in terms of loudness - plus i don't get Nic to be the metal/headbanging kind of guy

even when i was young (17-18) metal never clicked me, let alone now which i am 25 years older and 2000% smarter 

and this is just my personal taste here ofc

Same. I once tried Metallica Death Magnetic. Never touched the genre after that

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #578 of 39,419

Death Magnetic is garbage and Animals As Leaders is not my cup of tea.  There is no genre more expansive as metal.  A small and incomplete map of the current field of genres. http://www.mapofmetal.com

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #579 of 39,419

well death magnetic suffers from loudness wars so it's an unpleasant sonic experience

i like(d) metallica up until the black album - when i was 17 metallica were one of my favorite bands but i didn't really consider them 'metal' as they had great melodic lines in their songs

even their supposedly most 'intelligent' album 'and justice for all' which is where they turned to weird time signatures etc , is not something i consider extra smart

i mean if you have heard 'absent lovers' by King crimson , most metal seems childish in terms of intellectuality

but like i said , this is just my personal take

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #580 of 39,419

Death Magnetic is garbage and Animals As Leaders is not my cup of tea.  There is no genre more expansive as metal.  A small and incomplete map of the current field of genres. http://www.mapofmetal.com

you are young and full of speed and I am glad you dig metal , but like sun ra once said 'there are other worlds they have not told you of'

cheers 

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #581 of 39,419

well death magnetic suffers from loudness wars so it's an unpleasant sonic experience

i like(d) metallica up until the black album - when i was 17 metallica were one of my favorite bands but i didn't really consider them 'metal' as they had great melodic lines in their songs

even their supposedly most 'intelligent' album 'and justice for all' which is where they turned to weird time signatures etc , is not something i consider extra smart

i mean if you have heard 'absent lovers' by King crimson , most metal seems childish in terms of intellectuality

but like i said , this is just my personal take

Those are all surface level bands, the plastic floating on the surface above the marianas trench. Not a huge metallica fan. King crimson is more rock than metal.

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #582 of 39,419

you are young and full of speed and I am glad you dig metal , but like sun ra once said 'there are other worlds they have not told you of'

cheers 

I've heard everything. Jazz, Blues, Classical, Rap, Hip Hop, Rock, World, etc and subgenres therein.  I've been all over.  I'm not young. I'm 31.

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #583 of 39,419

Those are all surface level bands, the plastic floating on the surface above the marianas trench. Not a huge metallica fan. King crimson is more rock than metal.

i mentioned KC as one of the bands out there that i consider highly cerebral and intellectual with weird time signatures

they hardened their sound in the 00s (search for their live 2003 dvd live in japan) but at heart they are clearly a prog-rock band

cheers

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #584 of 39,419

Curious, how do you enjoy metal on a slow monitor like A12?

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #585 of 39,419

i mentioned KC as one of the bands out there that i consider highly cerebral and intellectual with weird time signatures

they hardened their sound in the 00s (search for their live 2003 dvd live in japan) but at heart they are clearly a prog-rock band

cheers

cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back